Midweight-Senior UI/Motion Designer
DEPT® is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies, with over 2,500 Depsters across the world. We are a pure-play digital agency, Lovies’ agency of the year, and last year our work was recognised with 16 Webby awards nominations and 11 wins.
We are looking for an empathetic designer with a strong portfolio of work in both user interface (UI) and motion design to join our Manchester team. In this role, you will collaborate with skilled Copywriters, UI, UX and Motion Designers to bring our global B2C and B2B clients’ concepts to life through impactful, brand-aligned creative.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary design team, you will use your knowledge and skills in UI and motion design to bring creative designs to life. You will work on animations while having the creative freedom to pitch, conceptualise, storyboard and produce videos that depict our client's vision, products or services.
DEPT® uses Figma for all UI work, Adobe After Effects for animations and Adobe Premiere Pro to bring everything together; so you’ll be confident using each software. That said, we’re quick to adopt new tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to contribute best practices you’ve used or implemented before.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- You have 4-5 years’ design experience, preferably in an agency setting
- You value collaboration and perform best when working as part of a team
- You understand that good design is based on principles and tradeoffs, rather than trends
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective visual and motion design
- You have experience of working in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team that pushes boundaries
- You are comfortable and confident collaborating with people at all levels and across departments to gather brief requirements and ensure that creative output meets client needs
- You are highly proficient in Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite, but knowledge of 3D software is a plus
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit Dept's website.
Help the world share their story