Sales Development Representative
Descartes Labs, Santa Fe, NM
A data refinery, built to understand our planet
Who You Are
- Curious: You enjoy peeling apart a global supply chain, learning new things, identifying problems, and solving the most challenging puzzles.
- Creative: You constantly invent and try new approaches to solving problems that have often never been applied in such contexts before.
- Relentless: You will never give up on an opportunity and achieve success no matter the obstacles.
- Aggressive: You do not wait for an invitation rather you move ahead into the market and develop opportunities where none may have existed previously.
- Reliable: You are not someone who requires intensive oversight; you are independent and can be counted on to execute the sales strategy no matter what.
- Data-Animated: You can create and implement a data strategy to track your progress, experiment, and quickly adjust to achieve the desired results.
Roles & Responsibilties
- Report to the Senior Director, Business & Sales.
- Develop, refine, and optimize Descartes Labs outbound lead generation strategy.
- Grow the existing sales pipeline by 10x in approximately 18 months.
- Research prospective client's business and supply chain.
- Identify target entry points, initiate contact, and schedule initial discovery meetings.
- Act as the internal SME for each individual client’s business and supply chain.
- Work closely with marketing and product to improve lead generation effectiveness.
- Conduct data-driven A-B testing for outbound email campaigns to optimize results.
- Work closely with event management teams to maximize lead generation at conferences.
- Actively link client research to Descartes Labs capabilities and service offerings.
- Support initial client pitches and follow-on engagements as needed.
- Maintain internal CRM records for lead generation activities.
- Actively research new areas of an existing client’s business that can be targeted.
- Ensure all relevant files are properly executed and archived for easy access.
- Stay up to date on major activities, news, and events in DL’s primary target markets including agriculture, defense, energy, mining, logistics, and financial trading, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, finance, data science, or relevant field.
- At least five years of experience in sales or sales development, marketing, account management, business analysis, data science, or a related position.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of the following verticals helpful but not required: enterprise software, supply chain, agriculture, aerospace, energy, mining, logistics, trading.
About Descartes Labs
Data will be the great enabler of new technologies, new products, and new businesses of our generation. Descartes Labs is building a data-refinery on a cloud-based supercomputer for the application of machine intelligence to massive data sets. By teaching computers to see, we create the infrastructure and services needed to model — and predict changes in — resources and the entire value chains in which they live. We enable businesses to better apply insights from data - both their own and external sources - across sectors ranging from energy and agriculture to large scale industrial and government. Our mission is to better understand the planet, for good and for profit, so our team of applied scientists also does impact science work around natural disasters, the spread of disease, and food security. Today, Descartes Labs is using its data refinery for satellite imagery. We currently process images from the major NASA and ESA satellite constellations at scale, creating a digital data twin of the entire planet that monitors the whole earth, in near real-time. We are headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Want to learn more about Descartes Labs? Visit Descartes Labs's website.
Jobs You May Like
Territory Sales Representative
Top Hat, Toronto, Ontario
Manager, Growth Enablement
WeWork, Minato-ku Tokyo Japan
Customer Success Manager - Majors
Samsara, San Francisco
Outside Sales Representative, San Francisco
Gather, San Francisco, CA
Andela, New York City, USA
Regional Sales Manager, Commercial Accounts - Northern California
LogRhythm, San Francisco, CA