- Define and manage the platform product strategy and roadmap
- This is a player + coach role; you will contribute in a hands-on fashion but also directly oversee the platform product management team, mentor your team, and act as the product management leader for the company
- Become an expert in the Descartes Labs Data Refinery, our customers, and the problems they use our platform and data sets to address
- Work with our solutions and analytics team to support (by prioritizing the correct platform requirements) the development of new data sets, analytical products, and bespoke customer models
- Be customer driven; work with customers, sales and customer delivery teams, science, and engineering to capture product requirements and feedback
- Create product requirements and functional artifacts as needed (use cases, user stories, design documents) to drive product development
- Vet and build support for the product roadmaps with customers, teams across Descartes Labs, and leadership
- Work directly with customers and our customer-facing delivery teams to ensure customer delight and identify/eliminate barriers to platform adoption
- Define key metrics for measuring product success
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 8 years of software product management or technical product management experience required
- You must have defined, managed, and launched successful software products or releases.
- Strong technical background, with experience in software development projects
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence and build support among cross-functional teams without formal authority
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, highly dynamic projects at one time
- Machine learning or statistical learning experience.
- Deep Learning experience
- MDM/Data Management
- Past product management experience in AI, data science, cloud computing
- Supporting commodities or insurance companies and use cases with technology products (e.g., Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Shipping, Climate/Environmental/Sustainability, Mining)
About Descartes Labs
Data will be the great enabler of new technologies, new products, and new businesses of our generation. Descartes Labs is building a data-refinery on a cloud-based supercomputer for the application of machine intelligence to massive data sets. By teaching computers to see, we create the infrastructure and services needed to model — and predict changes in — resources and the entire value chains in which they live. We enable businesses to better apply insights from data - both their own and external sources - across sectors ranging from energy and agriculture to large scale industrial and government. Our mission is to better understand the planet, for good and for profit, so our team of applied scientists also does impact science work around natural disasters, the spread of disease, and food security. Today, Descartes Labs is using its data refinery for satellite imagery. We currently process images from the major NASA and ESA satellite constellations at scale, creating a digital data twin of the entire planet that monitors the whole earth, in near real-time. We are headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Los Alamos, New Mexico.