Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
Descartes Labs, Remote
A data refinery, built to understand our planet
- Research, define and implement technical solutions to empower our Applied Scientist teams
- Create robust data pipelines for production machine learning products
- Work with other engineering teams to build abstractions and create standards and best practices for building and operating Models
- Create tools & infrastructure to build, test, deploy, and monitor ML Models
- Work with our scientists to deploy and own model reliability in production
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a ML Engineering role or supporting ML Models
- Solid software engineering skills, preferably in Python
- Experience with our tech stack (listed below)
- Experience with machine learning platforms such as Kubeflow, MLflow, or Seldon
- Some knowledge of of machine learning methods and tools
- Working with remote team members
Our Tech Stack
- Tensorflow, NumPy, SciPy
- Docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow,
- Google Cloud Platform
- Git, Bazel
- GDAL, S2, Proj4
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egoes are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Top Reasons To Work At Descartes Labs
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and flexible paid time off
About Descartes Labs
Data will be the great enabler of new technologies, new products, and new businesses of our generation. Descartes Labs is building a data-refinery on a cloud-based supercomputer for the application of machine intelligence to massive data sets. By teaching computers to see, we create the infrastructure and services needed to model — and predict changes in — resources and the entire value chains in which they live. We enable businesses to better apply insights from data - both their own and external sources - across sectors ranging from energy and agriculture to large scale industrial and government. Our mission is to better understand the planet, for good and for profit, so our team of applied scientists also does impact science work around natural disasters, the spread of disease, and food security. Today, Descartes Labs is using its data refinery for satellite imagery. We currently process images from the major NASA and ESA satellite constellations at scale, creating a digital data twin of the entire planet that monitors the whole earth, in near real-time. We are headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Want to learn more about Descartes Labs? Visit Descartes Labs's website.
See jobs at Bluecore