Contracts Specialist - Government (TS)
Descartes Labs, Remote
A data refinery, built to understand our planet
- Review complex contracts and modifications.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to track contract statuses. Works across departments/functions to receive contracts related information and tasks.
- Provide guidance on government contracting methods for software products and services while protecting our commercial Intellectual Property.
- Work with internal and external customers to shape and close business opportunities aligned with internal objectives.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the company and customer for contractual matters.
- Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence, NDAs, and other contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy.
What You Bring:
- Fundamental skills for coordinating and managing complex proposals, contracts, and purchase orders involving limited financial considerations or technical significance.
- Experience with government contracting and direct experience with various contract types (i.e. IDIQ) and contract structures (i.e. FFP, CPFF, etc).
- Experienced in the government acquisitions and understanding of their lifecycle.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Open, collaborative style.
- Great communicator – both orally and in writing.
- Visionary – You have a passion for the government mission and can see, based on your real-world experience in government, how Descartes Labs can make a difference and you can convey that vision and help us drive the business forward.
Who You Are:
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egoes are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs:
- Free Fridays! - Spend Fridays the way you want, there is no expectation to work! Some of us are in customer-facing roles, or on-call, and may need to be flexible to create great customer experiences, but that should be the exception and not the rule.
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives.
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science.
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result.
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment; Free Fridays, unlimited PTO, remote-firstDescartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; paid holidays, unlimited PTO; monthly WFH stipend.
About Descartes Labs
Data will be the great enabler of new technologies, new products, and new businesses of our generation. Descartes Labs is building a data-refinery on a cloud-based supercomputer for the application of machine intelligence to massive data sets. By teaching computers to see, we create the infrastructure and services needed to model — and predict changes in — resources and the entire value chains in which they live. We enable businesses to better apply insights from data - both their own and external sources - across sectors ranging from energy and agriculture to large scale industrial and government. Our mission is to better understand the planet, for good and for profit, so our team of applied scientists also does impact science work around natural disasters, the spread of disease, and food security. Today, Descartes Labs is using its data refinery for satellite imagery. We currently process images from the major NASA and ESA satellite constellations at scale, creating a digital data twin of the entire planet that monitors the whole earth, in near real-time. We are headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Want to learn more about Descartes Labs? Visit Descartes Labs's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid