Project Controls Analyst - Government (Secret)
Descartes Labs, Remote
A data refinery, built to understand our planet
- Work with the Descartes Labs Government Program/Project Managers to establish control account work scope, budget, and schedule to support development of the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) and associated Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Revise, monitor and exercise configuration control of contract and project documents.
- Analyze and review daily, weekly and monthly reports and/or other financial reports and document and provide analysis of data.
- Develop and manage Estimates at Completion and prepare Earned Value Implementation analysis.
- Assist with analyzing and reconciling cost accounting, charging, and funding issues.
- Maintain a variety of financial records and logs documenting all facets of task order financial data.
- Process financial actions and extract data supporting internal reviews, recommending corrective action plans and account reconciliation efforts.
- Perform a variety of other administrative and analytics duties supporting the day-to-day financial operations of the business.
- Develop and present program level project financial performance reviews.
What You Bring
- 5-7 years of related experience in financial management.
- MS Project scheduling experience.
- Experience with MS Excel that includes the use of pivot tables and formulas; proficient with MS Office products and cost accounting systems
- You must hold, or be able to attain an active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with cost analysis or business/data analytics
- Experience working within defined financial guidelines (DCAA and/ or DCMA experience)
- Experience using Earned Value Management and providing financial analysis in a DoD environment
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egoes are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs
- Free Fridays! - Spend Fridays the way you want, there is no expectation to work! Some of us are in customer-facing roles, or on-call, and may need to be flexible to create great customer experiences, but that should be the exception and not the rule.
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives.
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science.
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result.
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment; Free Fridays, unlimited PTO, remote-first Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; paid holidays, unlimited PTO; monthly WFH stipend.
About Descartes Labs
Data will be the great enabler of new technologies, new products, and new businesses of our generation. Descartes Labs is building a data-refinery on a cloud-based supercomputer for the application of machine intelligence to massive data sets. By teaching computers to see, we create the infrastructure and services needed to model — and predict changes in — resources and the entire value chains in which they live. We enable businesses to better apply insights from data - both their own and external sources - across sectors ranging from energy and agriculture to large scale industrial and government. Our mission is to better understand the planet, for good and for profit, so our team of applied scientists also does impact science work around natural disasters, the spread of disease, and food security. Today, Descartes Labs is using its data refinery for satellite imagery. We currently process images from the major NASA and ESA satellite constellations at scale, creating a digital data twin of the entire planet that monitors the whole earth, in near real-time. We are headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Want to learn more about Descartes Labs? Visit Descartes Labs's website.
File hosting service