Desktop Metal is reinventing the way metal parts are produced - from prototyping through mass production. Founded with the mission to make additive manufacturing accessible to engineers and designers, Desktop Metal offers two revolutionary metal 3D printing systems, addressing the need for easy-to-use, cost-effective, and scalable metal 3D printing. In addition to this, our three software solutions elevate the additive manufacturing industry at every step in the fabrication process. We are seeking a Process Technician to join us at this exciting stage of growth.
- Work in a safe and orderly manner in a fast-paced R&D and Manufacturing environment
- Daily operation of 3D Printers and printing systems
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of printing and material processing equipment
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team
- Conducting experiments under supervision of scientists/engineers
- Performing material characterization and analysis
- Previous experience in a materials or process technician role
- Hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent observation skills, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Additive manufacturing / 3D Printing
- Process development experience (semiconductor, solar, battery, vacuum systems, etc.)
- Furnace or other high-temperature operation and maintenance
- Mechatronics, Robotics, etc.
- Basic Machine Shop operations (Mill, Lathe, Drill Press, etc.)
- Process documentation (writing SOPs, work instructions, etc.)
- Training and on-boarding co-workers on existing and new processes
About Desktop Metal
About us Desktop Metal is reinventing the way design and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our team is built around the disciplines of materials science, hardware and software engineering, and design. We have raised $212 million in equity funding with investment from technology leaders including Google, BMW, Lowe’s, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. In 2017, the company was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum, and was recently named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies. Located just outside of Boston we are assembling a team of experts and are looking to hire curious and driven engineers, scientists, and designers.
Want to learn more about Desktop Metal? Visit Desktop Metal's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Lead, Wallet Experience
DraftKings, Boston, MA