Manufacturing Test Engineer
Desktop Metal is reinventing the way metal and composite parts are produced - from prototyping through mass production. Founded with the mission to make additive manufacturing accessible to engineers and designers, Desktop Metal offers multiple revolutionary 3D printing systems, addressing the need for easy-to-use, cost-effective, and scalable 3D printing. In addition to this, our software solutions elevate the additive manufacturing industry at every step in the fabrication process.
Manufacturing Test Engineer
Desktop Metal is seeking a talented and self-motivated Manufacturing Test Engineer. The ideal candidate will have experience architecting and designing test automation and data collection in early stages of prototyping through transfer to manufacturing.
- Develop and document automated manufacturing tests used in the manufacturing of metal 3D printers.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to deﬁne requirements, technical speciﬁcations and implementation plans for automated test and data collection.
- Deploy automated tests and data collection solutions to contract manufacturing sites.
- Ensure that tests fulfill design parameters and refine tests as required.
- Train technicians and operators of different skill levels on test execution and documentation.
- Support of cross-functional root cause / corrective action activities.
- Onsite support at contract manufacturer to ensure effective production transfer and issue
resolution. (30%+ travel)
- Python, or equivalent scripting language.
- Experience with test automation and data collection.
- Experience with version control and release management systems.
- Experience with SQL database usage and administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- 3-5 Years of relevant experience.
- Experience with web languages / front-end libraries.
- Experience with AWS or equivalent web service suite.
- Experience with networks and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with 3D printing.
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
About Desktop Metal
About us Desktop Metal is reinventing the way design and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our team is built around the disciplines of materials science, hardware and software engineering, and design. We have raised $212 million in equity funding with investment from technology leaders including Google, BMW, Lowe’s, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. In 2017, the company was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum, and was recently named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies. Located just outside of Boston we are assembling a team of experts and are looking to hire curious and driven engineers, scientists, and designers.
Want to learn more about Desktop Metal? Visit Desktop Metal's website.
Jobs You May Like