Desktop Metal is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. Our mission is to make additive manufacturing accessible to all engineers, designers and manufacturers. In doing so, we believe we will empower businesses to adopt radical, new approaches to design and production and enable businesses to realize the promise of additive manufacturing across a breadth of vertical markets.
Desktop Metal is located in Burlington, MA - a short 30 minute drive from Boston. We are now going public via a business combination with TRNE and have previously raised $438 million from investors including Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE. Join us and our talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans as we change the way products are designed and produced using additive manufacturing.
About the Position:
Desktop Metal has an opportunity for a professional and customer-service oriented individual to fill the role of IT Systems Technician. In this position, the successful applicant will assist in maintaining integrity of all computer workstations and associated software. The IT Systems Technician will be the main points of contact for employees who are experiencing computer issues. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an exciting dynamic startup.
The right person coming into this role would be highly motivated and eager to learn.
- Support user community desktop support needs including software and hardware related issues
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Resolve Audio Visual troubleshooting and setup
- Assist with employee and contractor IT onboarding
- Image PC and Mac machines
- Support key cloud and on-premise application administration
- Assist with endpoint security and OS patching
- Help ensure secure access to sensitive data
- Work with internal and external IT team members to support IT projects and initiatives.
- Participate in IT Agile Scrum board process
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, detail-oriented technician with the desire to provide timely and effective support for our users. Candidates will gain the following:
- Experience with Windows and MAC OS devices
- Experience with Windows and Mac OS imaging methodologies
- Experience managing Google Apps, Office365, Okta, Jira, Slack, Zoom, Box and Adobe
- Experience with cloud based endpoint security products
- Experience with Change Management, Audit, and Incident Response processes and procedures
- Basic networking knowledge and troubleshooting
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-2 years IT experience minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field helpful but not required
- Experience with Audio Visual systems and support
- Experience with both PC and Mac operating systems preferred
- Strong people skills and ability to collaborate in a team centric environment
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff
- Ability to multitask and complete projects on time
- Knowledge of Agile scrum helpful but not required
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, enjoy a good challenge and have a sense of humor
About Desktop Metal
About us Desktop Metal is reinventing the way design and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our team is built around the disciplines of materials science, hardware and software engineering, and design. We have raised $212 million in equity funding with investment from technology leaders including Google, BMW, Lowe’s, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. In 2017, the company was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum, and was recently named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies. Located just outside of Boston we are assembling a team of experts and are looking to hire curious and driven engineers, scientists, and designers.
Want to learn more about Desktop Metal? Visit Desktop Metal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.