Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Recently acquired by Desktop Metal, EnvisionTEC is a leading global provider of volume production photopolymer 3D printing solutions for end-use parts. EnvisionTEC operates as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Desktop Metal.
The Regional Technical Manager - EnvisionTEC develops, maintains and expands relationships with our Channel Partners in a defined geographic region or industry vertical. The Regional Technical Manager represents the range of EnvisionTEC products and services and is responsible for ensuring technical competence at the partners.
RTMs make our resellers and customers successful. They show how our technology solves problems and train and support our resellers and currently - customers. A successful RTM, teaming with a regional sales manager, knows our technology as an expert and can apply our technology to solve customer challenges and meet or exceed expectations. An RTM must, more importantly, guide our reseller AEs to be effective at identifying challenges and opportunities inside of customers and proving our technology will fit their well understood expectations of success.
- Demonstrate expertise in EnvisionTEC equipment, materials, and software
- Understand prospect/customer goals, needs, problems, expectations and timelines
- Support sales engagements (on/offsite) with technical knowledge of EnvisionTEC products and applications
- Train resellers/customers on EnvisionTEC Systems or printers and identifying prospect technical challenges and expectations
- Measure reseller AE engagements and ability to position offerings, identify problems, meet or exceed prospect expectations, and assess technical competency
- Understand competitive positioning for EnvisionTEC offerings
- Create successful benchmark and sample parts when needed
- Report to engineering teams any problems and enhancements for all EnvisionTEC offerings (Alpha, Beta, and Shipping offerings)
- Support marketing content (application examples, customer cases studies) and events
- Create and deliver online webinars
- Demonstrate expertise in pre-processing and post-processing technologies (3D CAD, Surface finishing pf parts, Machining for tolerances, etc.)
- Provide technical customer support when needed (not first line)
Your Key Success Factors:
- Self-starter (ability to get things done on time)
- Technical Sales experience (manufacturing related)
- Detail oriented (tracking data and following up)
- Customer focused
- Passion for Additive Manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to continue learning on new technologies and their applications
- Modern 3D CAD knowledgeable
- Experience in powder based additive technologies a plus
- Experience with traditional manufacturing technologies and processes a plus
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Ability to travel up to 50%
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
About Desktop Metal
About us Desktop Metal is reinventing the way design and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our team is built around the disciplines of materials science, hardware and software engineering, and design. We have raised $212 million in equity funding with investment from technology leaders including Google, BMW, Lowe’s, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. In 2017, the company was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum, and was recently named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies. Located just outside of Boston we are assembling a team of experts and are looking to hire curious and driven engineers, scientists, and designers.
Want to learn more about Desktop Metal? Visit Desktop Metal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one