Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Director to provide leadership and oversight to Supply Chain team. The Supply Chain Director will strengthen our people and supply base, develop mature scalable processes, and aggressively pursue creative solutions to navigate today’s mounting global supply chain challenges.
- Manage, develop and train the Desktop Metal Supply Chain team to address the increasing global challenges associated with sourcing components and complex electro-mechanical systems
- Drive supply chain and purchasing support for all revenue, MRO, and R&D programs
- Develop SOPs to formally identify and document critical workflows
- Drive formalization of demand planning activities, including development of forecast
- Develop and implement key reporting metrics to generate benchmark data and monitor performance over time
- Identify and implement initiatives to continue to develop Desktop Metal’s global supply chain, increase resilience and reduce risks
- Drive supplier improvements in the supply chain to improve performance including cost, quality, and on-time deliveries
- Manage Excess & Obsolete material (E&O) to minimize generation and report forecast and disposition to finance team
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in technology procurement & manufacturing, including 7+ years of people management
- Experience developing strong relationships with international suppliers
- Experience innovating supply chain solutions in support of new product introduction
- Fluency with ERP/MRP order processing systems - Oracle & Infor CSI/Syteline preferred
- Experience with formal BOM management in PLM systems
- Familiarity with Sarbannes-Oxley (SOX) requirements for supply chain & purchasing
- Experience supporting procurement for both internal production and contract manufacturing
- Fluency working with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel as required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience growing and building teams through rapid business growth
- Experience with implementation of a new ERP system in a management role
- Bachelors Degree or higher in business, supply chain, logistics, or related field
- APICs, CPSM certifications (encouraged)
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
About Desktop Metal
About us Desktop Metal is reinventing the way design and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our team is built around the disciplines of materials science, hardware and software engineering, and design. We have raised $212 million in equity funding with investment from technology leaders including Google, BMW, Lowe’s, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. In 2017, the company was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum, and was recently named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies. Located just outside of Boston we are assembling a team of experts and are looking to hire curious and driven engineers, scientists, and designers.
Want to learn more about Desktop Metal? Visit Desktop Metal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.