Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Under the direction of the VP of Global Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Manager manages inventory levels, purchasing, production planning, and supporting production objectives at minimum cost and consistent with company quality standards and customer requirements. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Supply Chain Manager who is excited about building a world-class operation to ensure products are delivered on time. This highly skilled professional should have the ability to execute a longer-term strategy to optimize our supply chain processes for volume production, while also being excited to dig into immediate tactical needs. A leader to identify improvement opportunities within our supply chain, manage vendors in support of materials replenishment to achieve delivery commitments and improve working capital, and implement changes to improve material productivity. You will leverage your global supply chain management (SCM) team and work directly with the Operations team to meet/beat the targets of the business.
- Review, prioritize and execute on the existing opportunity funnel established by the SCM.
- Manage partnerships with the company’s contract manufacturers, monitor, and control production plans, communicate any risks, and suggest mitigation strategies.
- Manage inventory across the company’s network to ensure inventory availability and accuracy; undertake capacity planning initiatives and work with warehousing partners to improve inventory visibility and space availability; help develop processes and systems to support the company’s growth.
- Decrease exposure to excess/obsolescence & scrap
- Facilitate idea generation events for product families where a team of SME’s evaluates products, materials, and processes for improvement opportunities prioritizes and executes necessary changes
- Manage and improve factory efficacy, leveraging your supply chain team in partnership with Op and Sales Ops, optimizing material flow & inventory turns
- During the release of new products, work closely with the Research and design engineering teams to support the procurement strategy, ensuring both manufacturability and a quality product for our customers
- Work directly with suppliers, to improve cost, quality, and processes through accountability to supplier scorecards and service level agreements
- Manage suppliers tied to indirect and MRO spend, maximizing payment terms and optimizing price
- Creates and maintains the master schedule and plans that allocate available resources to best serve client or customer needs.
- Integrates sales orders with master schedule; coordinates availability of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet delivery dates.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Plans, manages and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Leads the supply chain team in establishing performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops processes and systems to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Negotiates prices for materials and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies; ensures accurate and timely delivery of orders.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain management, or analytical field
- At least 8 years of experience in the supply chain (manufacturing AND commodity management) within a lean manufacturing/production environment with specific experience in:
- Procurement, materials management, and supply chain management for best landed cost and enhanced inventory turns
- Vendor, customer, and external-facing engagement
- 3+ years managing 3 or more direct reports
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office, AS400, SAP.
- Willingness to acquire knowledge on new technologies to improve material and non-material productivity
- Able to read and interpret mechanical/technical drawings
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to work independently, self-directed, and be solutions-oriented
- Sound organizational and planning skills with solid attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (through all org levels) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in indirectly influencing others in order to achieve measurable results
- Demonstrated business acumen and a basic understanding of the P&L and balance sheet, including the creation of complex ROI calculations
- Management of procurement process and supply chain for best landed cost
- Knowledge of inventory management and production scheduling principles (MRP, KanBan, JIT, etc)
- Knowledge of sales forecasting and how this is tied to procurement and factory planning principles (SIOP, PSI, S & OP)
- Experience operating and managing in a metric (KPI) environment
- Practical experience in international settings and experience in a multi-site environment
- Demonstrated competency in the development and execution of strategy on a global basis, as well as in the management of day-to-day operations
- Demonstrated ability to be a Continuous Improvement change agent a must
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree in business, supply chain management, or analytical field
- Advanced data analytics skills
- Experience as a key contributor to an ERP system implementation
- Experience with Oracle ERP & Infor Syteline
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
About Desktop Metal
About us Desktop Metal is reinventing the way design and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our team is built around the disciplines of materials science, hardware and software engineering, and design. We have raised $212 million in equity funding with investment from technology leaders including Google, BMW, Lowe’s, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. In 2017, the company was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum, and was recently named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies. Located just outside of Boston we are assembling a team of experts and are looking to hire curious and driven engineers, scientists, and designers.
Want to learn more about Desktop Metal? Visit Desktop Metal's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Tech Jobs For You
Business Development Operations Analyst - Contract Program Sec...
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.