A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
Our Member Service team has the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. Devoted Health’s Member Service Guides are the main point of support for our members, answering their questions about their health plan benefits, helping them navigate the healthcare system, and listening for opportunities to improve their health or their experience. We aim to guide every member as we would our own family.
As a Member Service Guide Manager, you will partner with our Guide Supervisor team to manage and influence the performance of our Member Service Guides, while driving to improve our service operations. You will be responsible for developing the Supervisor team through coaching conversations and leading by example. Beyond these formal duties you will help build a culture that enables our team to be their best authentic, caring, and emotionally intelligent selves in their interactions with members and each other. You will develop a deep understanding of our benefit offerings and many of our business processes so that you can help Guides answer questions and solve problems for members.
You will work in an entrepreneurial environment where we are constantly looking to learn what our members need and to develop better ways to serve them. You will be asked to identify opportunities to delight members and ideas for ways to make our processes and technology better.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a high performing team of Guides who provide support to our Members
- Motivate and engage team members, inspiring great service and attracting and retaining great talent
- Improve team performance through the use of data/metrics
- Review reporting and data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Achieve business results and strive to continuously improve for our customers
- Accountable for member satisfaction, retention, and growth by delivering outstanding member service
- Have a solid understanding of our service offerings so you’re able to investigate and resolve member questions
- Oversight and prioritization of operational work queues
- Oversee the development of training materials, call scripts, and job aides
- Motivate, engage, and influence peers and direct reports to do great work
Attributes to success:
- You’ve had proven success in managing and coaching people and helping them be successful
- You build strong relationships with your teams
- You can articulate and break down complex information
- You are present and timely - for your team, for our members
- You are able to thrive in a startup environment: which means being proactive and transparent in your work, what’s going well, what’s not
- You are adaptable to change: as we look to make things better for your experience as a Member Service Manager and for our members - we will change things as we go and grow!
Desired skills and experience:
- Expertise and confidence in Medicare Advantage and regulatory requirements
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a customer serving atmosphere, including at least 3 years in a management role
- Strong leadership experience in a metrics driven environment, contact center metrics
- Experience and demonstrated success in recognizing/developing talent and nurturing a team environment which results in open collaboration, strong business results and improved member experience
Our ideal Member Service Manager is caring, compassionate, solutions-oriented, and exudes enthusiasm in providing an outstanding experience for Devoted Health’s members.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.