Senior SysOps/Dev Ops Engineer
DICE, London, Greater London UK
Disrupting how fans discover the best new music and events
We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to a 90+ person (and growing) company that is now launching around the world.
DICE is obsessed with design and technology and on a mission to be the world’s best platform to discover and buy tickets to amazing live experiences. The best artists all work closely with us to make sure their tickets go to their fans, not scalpers or touts.
We're looking for a SysOps/DevOps Engineer with Kubernetes experience to join and work cross-functionally with our Product Team to deploy and operate our systems. We're currently in the middle of migrating from our old infrastructure (AWS EC2 VMs created by a mix of chef-vagrant-manual_operations) to a new Terraform-Kubernetes infrastructure. We have a strong focus on security and high availability, and you’ll be hands-on in multiple aspects, from helping to automate and streamline our processes and operations, to troubleshooting and resolving production issues, ensuring security and stability of our infrastructure and helping with support.
This is a great opportunity for a SysOps Engineer who is comfortable with DevOps and is looking for a challenging and rewarding role within a fast-paced environment, while helping to shape our new infrastructure to deliver an amazing service and disrupt a global industry!
- Improve the security and reliability of the platform
- Help with the migration of our old infrastructure to new Terraform-Kubernetes based infrastructure
- Proactively look for possible improvements to our infrastructure
- Support production during the on-call rotations with 24x7 coverage
- Support the internal teams (mainly our developers - we don;t have Windows to install or Outlook to support)
- Metrics, metrics, metrics….
- Educating team members on DevOps methodology and tools, helping them apply DevOps in practice
- Strong experience of AWS or similar, i.e. Google Cloud and Azure
- Extensive experience dealing with Web and Mobile apps
- Strong experience and knowledge of Kubernetes & Docker (you understand the difference between a Deployment and a Daemonset?)
- Understanding of networking security (what is Heartbleed?)
- Terraform experience
- Understanding Mongo, Postgres, Kafka, Redis
- Experience using monitoring solutions, i.e. Datadog, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Kibana, NewRelic, SysDig
- Experience with Kubernetes Operators, i.e. Prometheus-operator, Spark-operator
- Experience with Service Oriented architecture (bonus)
- Knowledge of at least one MVC frameworks, i.e. Phoenix or Rails (bonus)
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Mental Health and Wellbeing programmes
- DICE Development Programme
- DICE credit to spend on gigs
- Regular socials
- Free breakfast
- Brand new HQ in East London!
We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to being one of the fastest growing consumer businesses to originate from Europe.
DICE is obsessed with data and technology and on a mission to get people out more. We started DICE to completely change how ticketing works. Along the way, we’ve built a powerful cultural platform that has disrupted how fans discover the best new music and events, has the power to break new artists, and keeps tickets of established acts in the hands of fans.