Software Engineer(Full Stack)
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Software Engineer (Full Stack) – Effectiveness Platform
At DiDi, we’re committed to collaborating with cities, communities, and the taxi industry to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges with smart transportation solutions.
In 2017 we opened DiDi Labs, our first overseas research center, in Mountain View, California to not only be on the forefront of the most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies, but also serve as the headquarters of DiDi’s international expansion. DiDi Labs offers the visibility and flexibility of a startup, with the stability of a mature company. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the skills, passion and drive to join us in transforming the global transportation industry.
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a fun and creative working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company.
At the heart of DiDi’s engineering process, the Effectiveness Platform team ensures DiDi’s success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that empower teams to develop, test, debug and deliver software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code quality. We are evangelists for code quality, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing. We are hiring engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to help thousands of DiDi engineers succeed!
- Participate in design, architecture, implementation and support of our engineering infrastructure.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity/productivity.
- Design and build tools and frameworks to automate development, testing, deployment, management and monitoring of our 24x7 services and products.
- Develop and evangelize solutions to challenges faced by engineering teams to elevate developer productivity, craftsmanship, and happiness
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
- Development experience in backend or frontend design
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
- Experience working in a Unix environment (Linux preferred)
- Experience building CLI tools.
- Experience in common build tools and version control systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Git/Gitlab).
- Experience in building software in Continuous Integration/Delivery platform
- Knowledge of DevOps tooling and infrastructure, such as Ansible, SaltStack, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of database systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hbase, Voldemort, Espresso, Cassandra)
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Want to learn more about DiDi Labs? Visit DiDi Labs's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Continuous Delivery
Lookout, Bangalore, India
HealthTap, Mountain View
Systems & Network Administrator
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Associate Director, Quality Compliance
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Lead Software Engineer, PHP
HelloSign, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer Co-op, Customer Service Technology
Postmates, San Francisco