Hardware Testing Engineer
DiDi Labs, Fremont, CA
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in China and the United States.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.
This position involves detailed electrical/mechanical testing, design, hands-on characterization & de-bugging, reliability analysis. The successful candidate is detail oriented and experienced in semiconductor device testing. Familiarity with optoelectronics is a plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate with system engineers to understand system features and component functions, device specifications
• Develop testing methodologies with minimal supervision from more experienced engineers
• Set up and manage testing flows that include but not limited to the selection of testing equipment and testing software
• Perform bench level testing and debugging of semiconductor devices
• Document details about analyses, design, and testing methodologies
• Experience with semiconductor device reliability testing including fatigue/stress/temperature/shocking testing
• B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Physics with 3+ years' related industrial experience or MS with 1 years' related industrial experience
• Understanding of electrostatic sensors and actuators
• Experience with testing/QA for semiconductor devices
• Experience with Matlab/Python, and other scripting tools
• Experience with IC packaging
• Experience with optoelectronic device testing
• Experience with mechanical CAD tools such as SolidWorks/AutoCAD
• Hands-on experience in semiconductor process development
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Want to learn more about DiDi Labs? Visit DiDi Labs's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.