Hardware System Electrical Engineer
DiDi Labs, Fremont, California
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in China and the United States.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.
We are currently looking for Hardware System Electrical Engineer to join our DiDi Autonomous Driving Hardware team. The candidate will architect, and develop optical, electrical and DSP systems, conduct analyses, simulations, evaluations of components and the overall systems. They will interface with various cross-functional teams such as software, firmware and testing engineers to improve hardware system solutions to enable product deployment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with internal customers to provide technical inputs and collects feedback to specify product features.
- Develops system architecture and designs hardware specifications to achieve complex features with minimal supervision from more experienced engineers.
- Reads components data sheets and interprets details required to design various hardware features.
- Identifies ways to simulate, optimize electrical designs by evaluating device performance over a limited range of operating conditions and configurations.
- Captures schematic, conducts and/or supervises PCB layout.
- Troubleshoots common issues with product and hardware designs, suggests possible solutions, and documents lessons learned.
- Interfaces with testing and quality engineers to help establish automation flows for design, testing and validation of hardware systems.
- Documents details about analyses, design, and testing methodologies.
- Seeks knowledge of industry trends, and advances in various engineering fields from publically available information; shows interest in a specific area of expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years Hardware/Electrical Engineering experience or related work experience.
- Master in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
- 3+ years experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF).
- 3+ years experience utilizing schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- 3+ years experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Want to learn more about DiDi Labs? Visit DiDi Labs's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.