Senior Research Engineer - Planning and Control
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Research Engineer – Planning and Control
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers to join our Mountain View office to develop algorithms and pipelines for DiDi projects in intelligent driving technologies. The goal is to apply the state of the art AI algorithms on cars to make driving smarter and safer. Here you will be responsible for developing state of the art algorithms for Planning and Control. These algorithms will be applied on real vehicles to be deployed in DiDi’s network.
- Research and prototype state-of-the-art motion planning algorithms for mobile robots, and turn prototypes into safety-critical decision making component inside self-driving vehicle via rigorous engineering efforts.
- Interface with vehicle ECUs from third-party automotive companies, apply state-of-the-art tracking control methods to provide guaranteed vehicle tracking performance.
- Research and survey the current trends in robotics, including behavior prediction, path planning, and control theory.
- Contribute to DiDi’s intellectual property through patents.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Solid programming and high working proficiency in C++ and/or Python.
- 3 years of related working experience.
- Clear communication and a strong desire to be a part of a highly collaborative and rapidly growing team.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in area of Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field with a focus in robotics, control theory, optimization.
- Work experience in smart driving / intelligent vehicles is a plus.
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Want to learn more about DiDi Labs? Visit DiDi Labs's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intern - RF Engineering
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Pivotal Labs Consulting)
Pivotal Software, Washington DC
Foursquare, New York
Engineering Manager - Early in Career Lead
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Tools & Infrastructure
Yext, New York, NY
Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Bizly, New York Office