Backend Engineer - Pricing
DiDi Labs, Mountain View
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
The Pricing team at DiDi Labs tackles challenging engineering and data science problems in the wide spectrum of pricing, fares and incentives, supporting DiDi’s fast-growing international business (i.e., the world outside China). The mission is to improve DiDi’s marketplace efficiency, elevate the experiences of our global customers, and build various pricing-related products that will continue to change the global transportation landscape.
The team is composed of machine learning engineers, backend engineers and data scientists. We use machine learning, operations research, statistics, economics and other quantitative techniques to design efficient pricing algorithms and strategies. We also build big data pipelines and scalable backend systems to deliver strategies and products in the real business.
- Participate in design, architecture, implementation, and support of software.
- Build efficient and scalable backend systems to serve prices, pricing strategies, and affiliated machine learning models, etc., in order to support DiDi’s fast global expansion and international business.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering teams in China HQ and local operation teams in international cities (e.g. Latin America) to deliver products and pricing strategy implementation that will improve the experience of DiDi’s global customer base and important business metrics.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience in software development, in one or more programming languages mostly used in the backend, including but not limited to: Golang, Java.
- Experience with distributed systems and commonly used databases (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Redis).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a product and/or business-driven environment.
- Experience with building machine learning systems and/or data pipelines.
Note: Some international travel might be needed (preferred, not required).
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Want to learn more about DiDi Labs? Visit DiDi Labs's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.