Senior Staff Software Engineer - Security Technologies
DiDi Labs, Mountain View, CA
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
DiDi Chuxing is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We offer a diverse range of mobile tech-based mobility options for more than four hundred million users across more than four hundred cities. Our services include premier taxi hailing, private car-hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), DiDi Chauffeur, DiDi Bus, DiDi Minibus, DiDi Test Drive, DiDi Car Rental, and DiDi Enterprise Solutions, all delivered through a single mobile app. More than 25 million daily rides were completed on DiDi’s platform as of October 2017, and our numbers continue to grow. Our mission is to become the global leader in smart transportation and automotive technology, the world’s largest operator of vehicle networks and the global leader in smart transportation systems.
DiDi Chuxing has now officially launched DiDi Labs in Mountain View, California. DiDi Labs will be at the forefront of our most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility and flexibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company. We aim to attract top engineers and researchers with the skills and passion to drive a revolutionary transformation of the global transportation industry.
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company.
At DiDi, security of our customers’ data is our highest priority. The security technology group is entrusted to develop world class security SaaS products to monitor internal/external cyber threats, sensitive data leakage, user behaviors and policy violations. We heavily leverage machine learning technologies and developed innovative cloud-based software that protects everything from mobile device to a globally distributed enterprise infrastructure. Those products are widely used by DiDi corporate to protect company assets and our customer data, and by business teams to safeguard customer transactions and data every day. Those technology and products are being used by external customers as well.
With petabytes of data, millions of daily transactions, a wide variety of devices, and cutting-edge technologies in hand, we’re solving extremely challenging security problems. At DiDi, data drives our decision making and product iteration. We’re looking for talented data specialist to utilize cutting-edge technologies to solve these challenges and grow with our amazing team.
About the Role
As a Sr. Staff Engineer, you will be driving the architecture, design and development of core DLP overall solution (including engine systems and related components to parse/identify sensitive files/content with large-scale performance). You will be in a leading role driving the collaboration from multiple engineering teams to achieve the goal and work closely with external partners for the overall solution.
You will work with product managers, engineers and customers directly to influence product directions, architecture and roadmap. You will be expected to think critically and strategically about DiDi’s security product operations.
• Drive architect, design and overall execution of DLP system development.
• Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, partners to build scalable and high-performance solutions to empower enterprise level DLP and policy violation prevention solutions.
• Responsible for improving, iterating features and quality of the engine.
• Navigate a fast-paced Agile environment requiring independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
• Drive DLP engine, text retrieval, fingerprints and other fundamental system components’ technical roadmap with innovative ideas for evolving and iterating the efficacy of identifying and tracing sensitive information/files.
• Collaborate with distributed teams globally across different time zones.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
• 8+ years of experience in system and kernel level development (Windows/Mac).
• Experience designing and implementing high performance enterprise DLP systems.
• Excellent Debugging and Software Development skills.
• Very good understanding of Security Concepts and strong Computer Science fundamentals.
• Advanced skills in C/C++, lua or golang.
• Excellent leadership, communication (oral, written, and active listening) and teamwork skills.
• Experience in machine learning is a plus.
• Fluency in Chinese is a plus.
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.