Backend/Fullstack Software Engineer(Payment)
DiDi Labs, Mountain View
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Backend Software Engineer (Payment)
The International Business Technology Team is responsible for expanding DiDi’s global footprint and establishing DiDi’s global presence. This effort will leverage existing application and service infrastructure to build DiDi’s overseas products. Our team will be the vanguard of DiDi’s international expansion initiative. Here you will work to elevate the experiences of our global customers, improve DiDi’s operational efficiency and build the products that will continue to change the global transportation landscape.
- Participate in design, architecture, implementation, and support of payment software.
- Build efficient and scalable backend systems to support DiDi’s global expansion and international business.
- Manage individual project/task priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering teams and operation teams in international cities (e.g. Latin America) to deliver products that improve the payment experience of DiDi’s global customer base.
- Collaborate with business developers and vendors in international cities (e.g. Latin America) to explore and prototype new business.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years related work experience
- Experience writing maintainable, well tested, reliable code, in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Golang or Python.
- Excellent problem solving, coding, and debugging skills
- Experience developing RESTful Services
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to collaborate well on a geo-distributed and diversity team
- Experience with mobile/front-end development
- Full stack software engineer will be a big plus.
- Experience with international payment.
- Experience in Spring Boot
- Fluent verbal communication skills in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Experience working with modern, cloud-based infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes Google Cloud/AWS/Azure, Cloud Functions/AWS Lambda, etc.
About the company:
DiDi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation options for 550 million users, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Minibus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Car Sharing, and food delivery. Daily rides have reached 30 million, allowing more than 31 million drivers on the DiDi platform to find flexible work and economic opportunities.
In 2017 we opened DiDi Labs, our first overseas research center, in Mountain View, California to not only be on the forefront of the most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies, but also serve as the headquarters of DiDi’s international expansion. DiDi Labs offers the visibility and flexibility of a startup, with the stability of a mature company. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the skills, passion and drive to join us in transforming the global transportation industry.
Note: Some international travel might be needed (preferred, not required).
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Want to learn more about DiDi Labs? Visit DiDi Labs's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.