Director of International Policy and Issues Communications
DiDi Labs, Beijing, China
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
About the job:
As a critical member of DiDi’s International Communications Team, you will be responsible for leading the team that manages our global policy and issues communications efforts. You will be responsible for building a strong team, while also serving as our international communications lead on the most challenging issues, crises and policy matters that we face. Some of these issues will include safety and security, privacy, labour, tax, but your focus will be on telling the story of our commitments and contributions more than on just fighting fires. You will work very closely with DiDi’s senior business and x-functional leadership to define our global positions and approaches on key issues, while also providing dedicated support to our country communications teams, aiding their efforts to build our reputation and manage the myriad challenges that come with our industry. Your team will help maintain our global crisis manuals, jump in on key challenges, and provide clear global frameworks on DiDi’s approach.
About the team:
DiDi’s International Communications Team is responsible for telling DiDi’s unique story to people and partners around the world, in a fast growing number of countries across an equally fast growing suite of products and services. As the world’s leading mobility and convenience platform, with upwards of 50 million trips and deliveries happening on our platform every day, DiDi helps more than 550 million people around the world get where they’re going, and the things that they need. It is our team's job to tell this story, to bring the infinitely complex nature of our business and our technology to life. We work across traditional and digital media, across the hyperlocal and the global, and we are constantly working to match our innovation in approach to that of our fast growing company.
- Build and lead a strong team of policy and issues communications experts who will develop and defend DiDi’s reputation with global audiences
- Take the lead on defining and communicating DiDi’s positions across international markets on key issues, including safety, privacy and labour
- Establish a global framework for supporting country based communications teams on critical issues and on their efforts to build our reputation locally
- Design our crisis management playbook, and jump in to support country teams as challenges arise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12-15+ years of external communications experience, ideally
- Perfect written and spoken English, Chinese language skills would be helpful but not necessary
- Global or regional communications experience, ideally including work in Asia, Europe and/or Latin America.
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Want to learn more about DiDi Labs? Visit DiDi Labs's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Site Reliability Engineering (Remote)
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Senior Data Scientist (Machine Learning)
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada