Senior Optics Engineer - Autonomous Vehicles
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Senior Optics Engineer – Autonomous Vehicles
DiDi Chuxing has now officially launched DiDi Labs in Mountain View, California. DiDi Labs will be at the forefront of our most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility and flexibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company. We aim to attract top engineers and researchers with the skills and passion to drive a revolutionary transformation of the global transportation industry.
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company.
We’re now looking for a Senior Optics Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for the design, test, validation, and transfer to production of high-sensitivity, optical device modules. The desired candidate should demonstrate the capability to work routinely with a broad range of ranging/micro-optical related issues, from internal optical technical support, lens system design & testing, optomechanical design, system robustness validation, and interfacing with manufacturing partners for custom optical systems.
- Perform system level design for an optical system, prototyping, and testing of optical systems consisting of lenses, filters, and detectors
- Perform critical optomechanical alignments
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of refractive and reflective assemblies, analyzing optical efficiencies & gain loss, optical requirements derivation, creating test and alignment plans
- Assist in the specification of an optical module, filter, detector components, optics, and optical bench components as well as electronics associated with optical and electrical test equipment
- Internal support of other system development groups, providing technical expertise on optical system performance related to ranging detection
- Design and perform long-term reliability testing for optical components
- Interface with optics manufacturers/suppliers to support the design and qualification of our custom design optical components
- Ph.D. in Optical Engineering or related fields or MS with 3 years' related industrial experience
- Experience with optical simulation ray-tracing tools such as Zemax/CodeV
- Experience with mechanical CAD tools such as SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- A Demonstrated ability to align, test, and troubleshoot refractive and reflective optical set-ups and systems
- Ability to develop, analyze, and verify optical systems
- Experience with control system programming with LabVIEW/Python
- Experience with optoelectronics
- Experience with electronics and integrated circuits
- Experience with MEMS (Micro-electro-mechanical-system)
- Experience with thermal/mechanical Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools such as ANSYS
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.