Research Intern -- DiDi Labs (Los Angeles)
DiDi Labs, Los Angeles
DiDi Labs is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Research Intern -- DiDi Labs (Los Angeles)
Our team in Los Angeles is currently focused on Natural Language Processing. We are excited about the future of communication, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Smart cars should speak and understand human language, and people should be able to order services and solve their problems by speaking. Furthermore, people who speak different languages should be able to communicate with one another.
Research Interns make key contributions to our overall mission by helping to pioneer new research directions. Interns work with Dr. Kevin Knight and other PhD scientists at DiDi Labs on novel, challenging problems. Previous interns working with Dr. Knight have published articles in the field's top venues.
Sample publications include:
- "Recurrent Neural Networks as Weighted Language Recognizers" (Y. Chen, S. Gilroy, A. Maletti, J. May, and K. Knight), Proceedings of NAACL 2018. (Outstanding Paper Award).
- "Multi-Source Neural Translation" (B. Zoph and K. Knight), Proceedings of NAACL 2016.
- "Cipher Type Detection" (Malte Nuhn and Kevin Knight), Proceedings of EMNLP 2014.
- "Parsing Graphs with Hyperedge Replacement Grammars" (D. Chiang, J. Andreas, D. Bauer, K.-M. Hermann, B. Jones and K. Knight), Proceedings of ACL 2013.
- "Semantics-Based Machine Translation with Hyperedge Replacement Grammars" (B. Jones, J. Andreas, D. Bauer, K.-M. Hermann, K. Knight), Proceedings of COLING 2012.
- "Automatic Analysis of Rhythmic Poetry with Applications to Generation and Translation" (E. Greene, T. Bodrumlu, K. Knight), Proceedings of EMNLP 2010.
- "Unsupervised Syntactic Alignment with Inversion Transduction Grammars" (A. Pauls, D. Klein, D. Chiang, K. Knight), Proceedings of NAACL 2010.
- "Bayesian Inference for Finite-State Transducers" (D. Chiang, J. Graehl, K. Knight, A. Pauls, S. Ravi), Proceedings of NAACL 2010.
- "Fast Consensus Decoding over Translation Forests" (J. DeNero, D. Chiang, and K. Knight). Proceedings of ACL 2009.
- Build AI-based prototypes to solve novel, challenging problems.
- Understand the state-of-the-art in Natural Language Processing, and how to evaluate success.
- Work with scientists in DiDi's Los Angeles office to further the scientific frontier.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Computer Science.
- Proficiency in large-scale programming in C++, python, or related systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.
- Facility with neural network programming tools.
*We also require a recommendation letter. Please ask a recommender to send a letter separately to [email protected]
About the company:
DiDi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation options for 550 million users, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Minibus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Car Sharing, and food delivery. Daily rides have reached 30 million, allowing more than 31 million drivers on the DiDi platform to find flexible work and economic opportunities.
In 2017 we opened DiDi Labs, our first overseas research center, in Mountain View, California to not only be on the forefront of the most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies, but also serve as the headquarters of DiDi’s international expansion. DiDi Labs offers the visibility and flexibility of a startup, with the stability of a mature company. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the skills, passion and drive to join us in transforming the global transportation industry.
About DiDi Labs
DiDi is a ride-sharing platform dedicated to revolutionizing the way people live and move. Didi Chuxing offers a full range of on-demand mobility options, including Taxi hailing, private car hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), Chauffeur (designated driver), Bus, Minibus, Car Rental, and Enterprise Solutions. Our company is committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation and environmental challenges using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.