Senior Engineer: Cloud Networking
Digital Ocean, New York - NY, Cambridge - MA, Remote
Cloud computing designed for developers
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you and your peers will love.
Are you interested in working on products and features used by over a million developers, that you can show your friends and family? We’re the team behind the Load Balancers & Cloud Firewalls products, and we’re working on more networking-related products to delight our customers and deliver the Core Complete Cloud.
We primarily use Go, Ember.js, MySQL, grpc & Protocol Buffers, Docker, and Kubernetes in our microservices-based stack, with frequent interaction with Consul and Apache Kafka. As an Engineer, you’ll work on cross-functional teams, most especially with Network Software Engineers to deliver and operate our products at scale.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Respect & kindness that drive your interactions with your teammates, coworkers, stakeholders, and customers. Even when the topic is contentious.
- You understand and seek to automate the steps necessary to deliver high-quality, well-tested, and production-ready software from initial development to ongoing, scalable, production operation.
- You embrace testing with a pragmatic approach, and are capable of assessing what levels and types of testing are required for any situation.
- You’re excited to work on a distributed team across multiple timezones in North America & Europe. We use Slack for asynchronous communications, Google Hangouts for meetings, and Screenhero for pairing. Sometimes we adjust our work hours to increase the overlap with team members in other time zones.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Significant experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer building software used by 1000s of users
- Experience working on and developing full-stack applications in a modern development cycle.
- A passion to learn and grow as an engineer and work with our amazing Cloud Networking team on projects
- Solid reasoning and debugging skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with remote team members on cross functional projects.
- Bonus: Experience with at least one configuration management system like Chef, Ansible and/or Puppet
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Digital Ocean
DigitalOcean is a simple and robust cloud computing platform, designed for developers.
Want to learn more about Digital Ocean? Visit https://www.digitalocean.com
Jobs You May Like
Remote Customer Experience Associate - Seasonal
Harry’s, New York, NY
Community Specialist (Mandarin Speaking)
Quartet, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer, Rails
Harry’s, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Subscriptions
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Telesales / Outbound-Telefonie in Vollzeit / Teilzeit (m/w)