Platform Support Specialist
Digital Ocean, New York - NY, Cambridge - MA, Remote
Cloud computing designed for developers
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and Bangalore, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about assisting customers and solving technical problems.
At DigitalOcean our Level 2 Linux Customer Support Advocates connect customers from around the world with resources that enable them to fully utilize our platform and advocate for their needs. This ensures our customers get the most out of their cloud experience and a deeper level of technical knowledge. It’s a challenging and rewarding role that enables you to exhibit your deep technical experience in a customer-centric environment. As a small team of 25, we support more than 200,000 customers who utilize 10+ data centers and over 10,000 hypervisors every day.
As a voice of the customer, Customer Support Advocates have the opportunity to influence product decisions and be among one of the first employees in Bangalore to help us build and spread our culture and love throughout the office. They also have an opportunity to represent our brand by attending local conferences and meet-ups.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers
- Troubleshooting Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Working both collaboratively and independently within a team setting as well as with other engineering teams (we love Slack!)
- Identifying, communicating, and documenting process improvement suggestions
- Running incident management and escalations
- Completing projects that contribute to CSAT
What We'll Expect From You:
- Successful track record in providing world-class Customer Support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for being a customer advocate and for technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Background with relevant technology, Linux systems, and similar environments
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Bonus: Programming/Scripting (Ruby, Python, Go, Bash, PHP)
- Bonus: Source Code Management (Git)
- Bonus: Automation (Chef, Puppet)
- Bonus: Virtualization (KVM, Xen)
- Bonus: Open Source (CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant)
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Digital Ocean
DigitalOcean is a simple and robust cloud computing platform, designed for developers.
Want to learn more about Digital Ocean? Visit https://www.digitalocean.com
Jobs You May Like
San Francisco Chronicle, North Bay - San Rafael
Strategic Account Executive
Trustpilot, Denver, CO
Senior Manager Creative Partner Marketing - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Lead Intelligence Analyst, Healthcare
CB Insights, CB Insights
Lyft, San Francisco, CA