The Senior Manager of Engineering requires a leader that plans, organizes and manages one or more software engineering teams and has a strong functional & technical background. This position reports to a Director of Engineering and focuses on providing leadership to software development teams in the design, implementation, and maintenance of existing Digital Reasoning product lines as well as new product development. This role will provide influence in the company’s architectural direction and technology roadmap in addition to be a key contributor toward the broader company objectives.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Provide supervisory management to one or more software development teams including their career development, mentoring, training requirements, salary planning, and performance reviews.
- Create a supportive environment that encourages personal development and job fulfillment.
- Provide project management oversight for all development projects involving their teams, focusing on resource allocations, project timelines, risk management strategies, and unexpected events impacting implementation schedules.
- Develop and/or implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects, including metrics that accurately and quickly illuminate progress, issues, potential risks, and schedule slippages.
- Support Director of Engineering in collaboration efforts with Product Management to develop, review, and validate the product roadmap based on the complexity of new development required to implement the roadmap and available resources.
- Maintain a working relationship with other departments to navigate collaborative projects.
- Ensure consistent and quality delivery by reinforcing disciplined engineering practices across all software development projects.
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement across all facets of the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to technical and solution review sessions with development team and partner teams.
- Assist with development, code reviews, deploying, and validating the technical solution when needed.
- Work with the Quality Assurance/Testing group to ensure valid and adequate testing of new software releases, and identify any potential issues in the software implementation that adversely impact software quality or testing.
- Address other management tasks as directed by the Head of Engineering.
General Required Competencies:
- Previous experience in successfully leading software development teams in the development of complex software systems.
- Proven communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Previous advanced software programming experience.
- Demonstrated good software design and implementation expertise.
- Previous supervisory experience successfully managing a team of people in their career development, training and performance feedback.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- 30% People Leadership
- 50% Technical Leadership / Product Development
- 20% Project Management
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a software development team
- At least 5 years relevant development experience such as large scale enterprise solution development with continued awareness of new and emerging technologies
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Proven experience leading large development groups consisting of multiple development teams.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience building best-in-class solutions by leveraging third-party libraries and APIs to streamline the development process.
- Experience developing solutions leveraging Linux, JVM Languages (Java, Kotlin), Python, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, and/or RDBMS solutions.
- Experience developing web applications with a focus on scalability and security (OWASP).
About Digital Reasoning
Digital Reasoning is a leader in cognitive computing. We build software that understands human communication - in many languages, across many domains, and at enormous scale. We help people see the world more clearly so they can make a positive difference for humanity. Synthesys, our award-winning cognitive computing platform, can rapidly read data from any source, resolve what’s valuable and what’s not, and reason using a dynamic knowledge graph, which helps enterprises, financial services institutions, government agencies and healthcare organizations reveal concealed relationships, risks and opportunities. Digital Reasoning is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with offices in Washington, D.C., New York and London.
Want to learn more about Digital Reasoning? Visit Digital Reasoning's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Manager
Highfive, Redwood City
Staff Software Engineer (AEM) - Visa.com (Digital Marketing Experience)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Product Quality Specialist (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco
Manager, Software QA Engineering
PlayStation, Waterloo, ON
Senior Software Engineer, Admin Services
HelloSign, San Francisco
Wish, San Francisco, California