Senior Software Test Engineer
Digital Reasoning, Franklin, TN/New York, NY
Power to Improve Your World
Digital Reasoning is looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer with a strong background in both manual and automated testing. While we currently have more manually executed test cases than we’d like to, test automation is a fundamental element of how we are approaching software testing. We have a solid automation framework written in Groovy that extends Spock for our backend processes, and are building out a similar capability for our web applications using Geb (a Groovy wrapper around Selenium). You’ll be working with one of our cross functional scrum teams to help continue to increase test coverage with the most appropriate solutions (whether manual or automated).
Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Working with scrum teams to manually test the software being developed
- Designing test cases for new features
- Regression testing existing functionality
- Converting manual test cases to automated tests
- Running automated tests
General Required Competencies:
- Excellent organization and prioritization abilities - project scoping and estimation experience to ensure features can be tested within given time frames; pragmatic approach to software testing and planning
- Aggressive self-starter; confident; creative and innovative; detail oriented
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Embrace change and proposing more effective ways of working with your team
- Ability to prioritize work with competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Desire and process to stay up-to-date on current rapidly changing technologies
- 80%: Writing/executing test plans for new features as well as regression testing on your scrum team(s)
- 10%: Planning/estimating
- 10%: Cross-team collaboration with test engineering across all scrum teams
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years direct experience in software test engineering role in an Agile software development environment
- 5+ years direct experience developing automated tests in Java or Groovy (e.g. Selenium or Geb)
- 5 years of experience in one of Java, Python, Java Script, Groovy, Linux, and Jira
Preferred Education and Experience:
Underneath the hood of our cognitive computing platform Synthesys is a lot of Linux-y goodness, so the more comfortable you are with things like ssh and working in a command line environment, the more effective you’ll be able to be in this role.
- Testing tools/frameworks: Spock, Appium, JUnit, Xray for JIRA
- Cross browser/device testing: Sauce Labs
- Testing iOS apps and RESTful APIs
- CI servers: Bamboo, Jenkins
- Distributed version control systems: Git, Mercurial
- Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, MapReduce, YARN
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, RDS, S3, etc.
Some other things that would definitely make a strong impression on us:
- Cool projects that aren’t part of your job (i.e. hobby projects, a Github profile?)
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You've worked with very large datasets and/or clusters
About Digital Reasoning
Digital Reasoning is a leader in cognitive computing. We build software that understands human communication - in many languages, across many domains, and at enormous scale. We help people see the world more clearly so they can make a positive difference for humanity. Synthesys, our award-winning cognitive computing platform, can rapidly read data from any source, resolve what’s valuable and what’s not, and reason using a dynamic knowledge graph, which helps enterprises, financial services institutions, government agencies and healthcare organizations reveal concealed relationships, risks and opportunities. Digital Reasoning is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with offices in Washington, D.C., New York and London.
Want to learn more about Digital Reasoning? Visit Digital Reasoning's website.
409 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.