Senior Technical Writer and Content Management
Digital Reasoning, Franklin, TN
Power to Improve Your World
Digital Reasoning is looking for a seasoned Technical Content Manager to own content management for our product documentation. You will work with technical content drafted by our Product Engineering teams, and incorporate it into our Content Management System (CMS) in a way that is optimized for our customers needs. Your primary role will be ensuring that product content is well written, efficiently organized, and delivered in a way that meets and exceeds customer expectations. You will be the subject matter expert in content management and technical writing – championing best practices and serving as the principal administrator of our CMS. A key part of your role will be supporting and coaching our Product Engineering teams in their use of the CMS to ensure that they are leveraging it as effectively as possible.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
You’ll work directly with our Product Engineering teams on a regular basis and will translate the nuances of our software products into content that our users can easily understand. You will collaborate with other content stakeholders across the company (Marketing, Product Management, Customer Engineering) to ensure consistency across all content.
As part of this role you will:
- Review and edit draft content ensuring it is:
- Written with a consistent style/voice/grammar
- Efficiently organized within the CMS (e.g. refactoring large monolithic documents into appropriate sections)
- Best practices for Content Management and technical writing
- Administration of the CMS
General Required Competencies:
You must be an outstanding oral and written communicator. As you read this description you’re likely analyzing it for misplaced commas and apostrophes, and thinking about how you would have phrased things differently. Content formatting and things like using a consistent voice matter to you and translating “engineer-speak” into “user-speak” comes naturally to you. You are familiar with the concept of separating content from format, and are able to define and leverage document structure in a way that can be easily output to multiple format types (e.g. PDF, HTML). Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words; you know when it’s appropriate to use a screenshot or diagram, as well as when to leave them out. Collaboration and excellence come naturally to you – you enjoy working with multiple teams and stakeholders to craft the best possible version of the content for the intended audience.
- 70%: Reviewing, editing, organizing content
- 15%: Cross-team collaboration
- 15%: Maintaining and administering the CMS
Required Education and Experience:
- 7+ years technical writing
- 5+ years content management
- 3+ years working with software development teams (with strong preference for experience with Agile software development)
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or other relevant field
- Expertise in content management systems and common markup languages (e.g. CSS, DocBook, HTML, Markdown, PDF, reStructuredText)
- Experience using both application/browser based and command line tooling
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Direct experience with the tools we are using for Content Management:
- Confluence + K15t Scroll Apps
- Sphinx Documentation Generator
- Experience using software version control systems (e.g. git, Mercurial)
- Experience using the Atlassian suite of development tools (e.g. Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira)
- Experience with CMS usage analytics and SEO
- Portfolio of example work
- Experience working within cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, GCP)
About Digital Reasoning
Digital Reasoning is a leader in cognitive computing. We build software that understands human communication - in many languages, across many domains, and at enormous scale. We help people see the world more clearly so they can make a positive difference for humanity. Synthesys, our award-winning cognitive computing platform, can rapidly read data from any source, resolve what’s valuable and what’s not, and reason using a dynamic knowledge graph, which helps enterprises, financial services institutions, government agencies and healthcare organizations reveal concealed relationships, risks and opportunities. Digital Reasoning is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with offices in Washington, D.C., New York and London.
Want to learn more about Digital Reasoning? Visit Digital Reasoning's website.
Help the world share their story