Imagine this: It’s the middle of winter. You’re ice skating on a freshly frozen lake that no one has skated on yet. Except your skates are made of butter. And the lake is also made of butter. And as you skate, you yourself morph into a giant butter person.
That’s how smooth we want to make using Discord. If you’re interested in joining a passionate team of designers and gamers that are designing features that will be used by millions of gamers across the world, come help us do that. Also please bring some toast. We have lots of butter.
What you'll be doing
- Embedding in a product team and partnering with engineers, product managers and data scientists to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch — and then continue to improve it after it releases to millions of users
- Mixing your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to design valuable features for our users
- Understanding business needs and connecting them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings
- Fostering a culture of design
What you should have
- Minimum of 2 years experience designing and shipping a web/app product for a variety of devices and platforms
- Strategic product thinking and vision. You’re more concerned with the “why” than the “how”
- Self-motivation to find answers
- Excitement to dig into experiment data to help inform design iterations and whether something should ship
- A high level of craft and attention to detail
- Experience with Figma or Sketch
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Interface animations know-how
- You spend a significant amount of your time gaming in the character customization screen
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.