Product Analyst, Subscriptions & Revenue
Discord, 444 De Haro St
We built Discord to bring gamers together
Join our small-but-growing Analytics team to help us better understand our users and design the best possible experience for them. In this central role, you will partner closely with product and business teams to define goals, provide insights, and build data tools.
Your work will primarily focus on Discord’s monetization efforts during an exciting growth phase for us, helping us scale our existing subscription products (Nitro, Boosts) as well as launch new business lines and features. Join us in creating revenue products to support an app that millions of people use and love!
What you'll be doing
- Help us develop revenue products that users enjoy - we’re committed to building a business that delivers value to users while being sustainable for us!
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, Strategy, and Marketing teams to set goals, measure performance, and drive decision-making
- Be a true partner to your stakeholders by understanding their needs, breaking down problems, and providing them with actionable insights and solutions
- Define key metrics and build automated dashboards, tools, and models to help teams make informed decisions
- Explore and leverage data to better understand our users and communities
- Develop robust data processes and standards to create a shared language and consistent metrics across the company
What you should have
- Direct experience working with subscriptions and revenue data (e.g., subscription lifecycle and churn, LTV, forecasting)
- 3+ years of analytics experience (preferably in consumer tech) and proven track record of impacting business or product decisions
- Expertise in SQL and a designer’s eye for data visualization
- Collaborative attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity
- BA/BS in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods for A/B testing
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways
- Passion for Discord, games, or online communities
- An interest in e-commerce, specifically the growing subscriptions economy
- Development experience using programming languages such as R, Python or Scala
- Familiarity with optimizing production data pipelines on Redshift or BigQuery
- A knack for telling stories through data
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.