Director of Product Marketing, Revenue
Discord, San Francisco
We built Discord to bring gamers together
Discord is growing fast and we're building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale our product. The product marketing team sits at the center of our users and our product and plays an important part in how we grow and evolve. We're a passionate, smart, and kind group of people who need more experts to continue making Discord the best place to talk.
To make this dream reality for everyone in the world we are building a scaled business that aligns our incentives with those of our users. The Revenue team at Discord builds and operates our paid subscription products and increases revenue growth at the company. Our mission is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want to subscribe to and build a multi-billion-dollar business.
We're looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join us and lead our Revenue product marketing strategy during one of the most exciting times in our business. You will create a vision to demonstrate premium value to consumers and partnering with Product, Engineering, Business and Marketing leaders to grow Discord's revenue. You will report to the VP of Product Marketing & Research.
What you'll be doing
- Develop overarching product narrative and vision around Discord's monetization philosophy externally and internally
- Advise and influence product roadmap to increase revenue growth and user value through insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Manage and develop a team of accomplished product marketers to help us build a scalable business
- Set and build agreement for prioritization, planning and rollout across multiple revenue products and projects including marketing programs and strategic partnerships; guide goal-setting and success metrics with Product, Marketing and Business functions
- Manage ongoing measurement and analysis of user awareness, adoption, sentiment and usage of our revenue products in partnership with the Data Science team; identify and drive experiments to grow core metrics
- Lead owned & operated framework on Discord platform with Product Design, Customer Experience, Legal and Policy teams to design an optimized in-product user path for adoption and retention
- Work across all Revenue groups to create a connected vision for building a scalable business that aligns with our users interests
- Engage and cultivate relationships with our users to deeply understand their needs
What you should have
- Track record in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then working on them
- 10+ years of experience launching and scaling tech products globally, and excellent experience with marketing execution and consistency
- 6+ years of experience hiring and managing both individual contributors and senior product marketing leaders
- 6+ years of experience focused on monetizing or growing consumer products
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to build products and stories, including working directly with data and research teams to identify user benefits and consumer truths that lead to relevant insights
- Experience working in a green field space to uncover not just how we should build or market a feature, but what we are building
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences
- Incredible resourcefulness to guide teams toward agreement and decisions
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Experience in pricing analysis and financial modeling
- Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses
- Experience working in a Monetization / Revenue executive or leadership role
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.