Discord is looking for a highly technical, creative, hands-on, and mission-focused Engineering Manager on our Revenue team to partner with other teams across the organization. You will be responsible for the engineers scaling our revenue products and platform at Discord. This role will own the creation and organization of this team to support our growth plans, including recruiting for the ICs of those teams and ensuring their success.
Right now more than 250 million users use Discord and we’re growing our multi-million dollar business. Come help us scale our platform and products to directly enable multi-billion dollars in revenue at Discord.
What you'll do
- Build highly-engaged teams by hiring, coaching, and instilling a sense of ownership and impact in your engineers.
- Work cross-functionally with our Finance, Customer Experience, Product, Design, and Marketing teams to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding the customer and business needs.
- Use your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure your team delivers extraordinary results at the high technical level we set.
- Develop insights into issues slowing down the team and use it to develop processes that enable the team to deliver its goals.
- Mentor and guide the careers of the engineers through coaching and finding opportunities that support their technical skillset and goals.
- Make sound decisions around resourcing, and make the rationale clear to partners and team members.
- Partner with Revenue leadership on strategic planning and continuously improve the Engineering organization while upholding our workplace philosophy.
What we look for
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a people manager.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally.
- You are motivated to help your team members succeed and have experience developing engineers of multiple levels.
- You approach problems from first principles.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and get excited about working collaboratively to figure out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- You have a strong product sense and take pride in understanding your customers.
- You use experiments to make data informed decisions and are excited when numbers move by 1%.
- Code does not scare you, you are still an engineer even if you don't do it all the time.
- You keep up with the industry trends and can assess new technologies that can help us better solve problems.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches (or stipend)
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid