Vice President of Talent Acquisition
Discord, San Francisco
We built Discord to bring gamers together
Discord is hiring a Vice President of Talent Acquisition. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will lead the recruiting function with an emphasis on analytics that helps us find and empower diverse talent, employment branding and how we're positioning ourselves globally in a post-pandemic world, talent intelligence (and the mapping of our strategy to Discord's needs for each market), and an extraordinary candidate experience.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a motivated recruiting team. Hire and lead a team of leaders and individual contributors across full-cycle recruiting, and recruiting operations and programs
- Drive diversity programs for the company and build hiring goals. Build quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our hiring needs
- Operationalize talent planning. Guide talent resource planning and forecasting. Use data to develop both short-term and long-term recruiting plans. Perform recruiting capacity planning and balance hiring resources (in-house, agency) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the global business
- Globalize our function. Scale our programs to support international growth, initially in Europe, but quickly to other regions as well
- Iterate our programs. Manage the development of recruiting programs including: interview guides, interviewer training, candidate assessment/calibration, referrals, internships and outreach recruiting. Develop programs that are creative, transformative, and support the long-term goals and vision of the company. Develop diversity and inclusion recruitment strategies and embed them into programs
- Improve efficiency at scale. Develop processes, and systems needed to grow and support recruiting at Discord to support our current hypergrowth, while balancing that with building a talent strategy
- Tell the Discord story. Partner with Marketing to focus on our employer brand and ensure that web presence, events, social and employer and job-related content reflect Discord's culture and values
What you should have
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition with experience in private and public companies
- Minimum 5+ years of people management experience; demonstrated ability to coach and develop talent
- Experience scaling a recruiting function during a period of very aggressive growth
- Experience leading employment branding strategies with partnership (eg. with Comms) and creative solutions to stand out amongst competition and lower awareness markets
- Experience using metrics and analytics to lead an anticipatory hiring model (eg. forecasting net and backfill hiring needs to ensure our team is resourced for the hiring needs)
- Experience with leading the TA strategy in high-growth geographically distributed tech organizations
- Expertise in adopting evidenced-based solutions that result in greater diversity and inclusion in hiring efforts (and, contrarily, resolving practices that inhibit D&I in those efforts). Adept at directly challenging leaders on their role here and how to improve
- An understanding of the highly competitive and evolving (eg. remote work) talent markets
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, embracing a dynamic and high-growth environment
- An unyielding passion to provide the ultimate candidate experience
- Experience designing and communicating clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving
- Strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion contribute to a company's success, experience leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals, and experience working with all partners
- A passion for building community and an understanding of Discord’s mission and values
- Strong feelings that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is objectively the best cereal
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price