The Payroll Accountant plays an integral role by helping to ensure everyone gets paid accurately and on-time. You will have a direct impact on the employee experience, system implementations, and have the opportunity to collaborate on special projects. As a valued member of the Finance team, you will play a key role in compliance, audits and assist with building sustainable processes. This will be a hybrid role based in our San Francisco HQ.
What you'll be doing
- Create import files (new hires, deductions, modifications) from our HRIS system to ADP WFN and troubleshoot import errors
- Understand Discord’s policies and benefits and translate it into Payroll while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Correct taxation based on type of earnings (Regular, Bonus, Equity Pay Runs and home/work locations (state and local taxes)
- Manage special pay runs and process terminations while maintaining high levels of confidentiality
- Constantly analyze and improve processes; provide suggestions for efficiency and accuracy
- Help create desktop procedures, suggest process improvements, and document SOX controls
- Create and validate custom reports as needed for audits/special requests
- Process journal entries and month end reconciliations
- Collaborate with Finance, POps Team, and other Business Partners for implementing new benefits/projects/systems including systems implementations, audit preparation, and other special projects as needed
What you should have
- 5+ years of payroll experience, preferably in a public company; Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now (must), Intacct Accounting system (preferred), Workday (preferred); Payroll/HRIS implementation experience (preferred)
- Understanding of Payroll Accounting and the related debits and credit entries
- Knowledge of taxation based on type of earnings (Regular, Bonus, Equity Pay Runs and home/work locations (state and local taxes)
- Understanding of Payroll laws and regulations - CPP Preferred
- Must have strong customer service attitude with good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Bonus Points
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Tech Jobs For You
Billing and Account Services Specialist (6 month contract)
Datto, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Life Sciences Supply Chain Transformation Consulting Senior Ma...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA