Community Moderation Program Manager
Discord, San Francisco
We built Discord to bring gamers together
At Discord we recognize that our moderators are the foundations of any good community. Moderators don't just keep the peace—without them, the servers that feel like home to so many of us just wouldn't be the same. We believe that by empowering these community leaders with the resources to succeed, we won't have to just imagine a place- we can help make it a reality.
As a member of the Community Moderation team you'll be interacting directly with moderator teams across a variety of programs and communities, and be providing support for moderators navigating our growing moderator ecosystem. You'll help lead volunteer moderator teams across a wide variety of community projects and answer user questions related to our education and community initiatives. You'll also be working closely with internal teams at Discord on major cross-collaborations that impact communities across the platform, both big and small, with a dedicated focus on community health and safety.
What you'll be doing
- Coordination and participation in live and digital events representing Discord's community moderation efforts
- Produce education products and content, such as the Discord Moderator Academy
- Plan a content roadmap and curriculum that spans a variety of mediums, from articles to fully structured courses and learning paths, as well as audio resources like podcasts and educational video content focused on building and moderating communities, large and small
- Plan community events across Discord's moderator communities, including learning opportunities, product showcases, interviews with academic collaborators, and teams from throughout Discord's organization
- Facilitate regular meetings with the moderators in our programs to announce project updates, coordinate on program initiatives, and provide continuing education
- Meet with VIPs and stakeholders to address urgent safety concerns and answer moderation or server questions
- Triage reports, questions, and other concerns relation to community moderation initiatives
What you should have
- A deep commitment to online safety and supporting moderators who build healthy online communities
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms
- Familiarity with operational tasks that support rapidly-growing programs
- Incredible interpersonal skills: members of the team interface with moderators from all walks of life directly, and should have integrity, empathy, and understanding in working with them
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to navigate a fast-growing company and organization dedicated to community moderation
- Project and program management skills and experience driving cross-team collaboration
- Familiarity with data dashboard software
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or German
- Experienced in developing healthy and vibrant communities
- Experience with content creation geared towards education
- In-depth knowledge of internet culture and trends
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, enough that you know keyboard shortcuts
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.