Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Treasury Manager will provide treasury operational leadership by delivering essential corporate services, including treasury activities related to cash flow, credit card administration, oversight of U.S. and foreign cash management, and oversight of processes to improve the accuracy of the cash flow forecasting. The Treasury Manager will also manage relationships with financial institutions while building partnerships and alignment with essential functions within Discord. You should be familiar with treasury concepts and procedures to be successful in this role. This will be a hybrid role based in our San Francisco HQ.
What you'll be doing
- Daily cash management including monitoring cash balances and preparing cash forecasts and actual performance against forecast.
- Work with banking partners to evaluate existing bank relationships and available bank products and pricing while striving for bank fee and interest income optimization.
- Leverage banking tools and products to automate payables and receivables payments and reporting and to facilitate bank account reconciliation and internal controls.
- Manage annual insurance renewals by directing and coordinating data collection and application submission. Evaluate adequacy of coverage and recommend changes to senior management to minimize cost and provide coverage.
- Coordinate insurance audits, track and coordinate insurance claims, premium payments, and amount and timing of insurance claim proceeds and premium refunds.
- Maintain users and user access on banking, credit card, maintain bank accounts, signatories, and resolutions.
- Credit card administration; manage user access, card policy compliance and credit card limits. Coordinate with card users and senior management card use and limits to maximize rebate programs.
- Roll out and manage implementation of new initiatives in cash management, cash forecasting, banking, merchant processing, expense compliance and reporting.
- Identify cybersecurity and fraud risks within Treasury processes and implement mitigation strategies.
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or economics; CPA or CTP; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years as Treasury Analyst or Cash Management, with Private and/or public Industry experience
- Strong understanding of cash management, corporate finance, and accounting.
- Experience using Treasury, banking, and ERP reporting systems.
- Able to independently build relationships with bankers, ratings agencies, lenders, insurance brokers and internal counterparts.
- Experience turning thought leadership and strategy into execution plans and results.
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.