Sr. Product Manager, Platform Ecosystem
Discord, San Francisco, CA or Remote
We built Discord to bring gamers together
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord's communities are our users who talk and hang out in them every day (and night!). The Platform Ecosystem group is responsible for unlocking infinite activities inside Discord, from music and games to events and beyond.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager reporting to our Head of Platform Ecosystem to join us and lead our platform team. You will be responsible for creating a vision, building systems and features, ideating creative solutions, and building a platform to support our internal and external developers.
What you'll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for features and tools that allow users to discover and launch Activities embedded inside Discord.
- Prioritize and balance the needs of consumers and developers by delivering unique platform capabilities to drive reach, retention, engagement and revenue without detracting from the core user experience
- Work closely with internal studios and first party developers to bootstrap our platform while prioritizing third parties where strategically relevant
- Work with teams of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build delightful outstanding products.
- Work with our other product and engineering groups to create a connected vision for building a 10x content platform of the future.
- Partner with other product teams across Discord, such as Apps, Revenue and more.
- Empathize with dozens of personas and use-cases, and think user-first.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- 8+ years of experience building and shipping great consumer software, primarily as a product manager, driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines
- Proven track record of achieving impact through solving challenging consumer problems with innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize data, including writing SQL.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers.
- A love for helping & empowering others.
- Experience building and growing social and/or online communication products.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Entrepreneurial experience building consumer applications.
- Experience building & managing x-functional teams.
(New York City only*) Minimum salary of $214,000/year + equity and benefits Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $171,200/year + equity and benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!