Discord is hiring a Director of Technical Recruiting. You will lead the our Technical Recruiting function with an emphasis on helping us find top talent, strategize around best-practices for empowering diverse talent, Discord’s employment branding and how we're positioning ourselves globally, and our approach to talent intelligence (and the mapping of our strategy to Discord's needs for each market). Finally, you will be an advocate for an extraordinary candidate experience that both represents our unique culture and brand.
What you'll be doing
- Leading, mentoring, training, and developing a small, autonomous, high-performing technical recruiting team
- Defining,tracking and analyzing talent acquisition metrics to ensure thoughtful and data driven approach to hiring metrics and goals
- Partnering with senior engineering leaders and executives to drive progress and strategy and to understand current and future workforce planning needs
- Crafting and executing creative sourcing strategies and recruiting campaigns
- Working collaboratively with internal partners to create and evolve the Discord employer brand as a destination for world-class talent
- Empowering your team to act as strategic business partners to members of the engineering, product, analytics and design organizations
- Staying connected to and sharing knowledge about the competitive talent landscape, including trends in recruiting and compensation
- Ensuring that you and your team maintain a high level of data integrity with our applicant tracking and other systems
- Driving diversity initiatives for the company & execute on hiring goals. Execute on quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs
- Partnering with the Recruiting team to iterate our programs including interview guides, interviewer training, candidate assessment/calibration, referrals, internships and outreach recruiting, etc.
What you should have
- At least 8 years of engineering recruiting experience within a tech startup, a mission-driven company, or an agency serving tech startups
- Proven success building and managing a high-performing team of recruiting professionals for at least 5 years
- A track record of success in building and leading highly effective TA strategy in high-growth geographically distributed tech organizations
- A commitment to, and demonstrated track record of delivering high-touch, world-class service to internal and external candidates, hiring managers, and employees
- Passion for progressive, innovative Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, and a proven track record of implementation
- Data-driven work ethos with extensive experience building and defining recruiting pipeline metrics and using data to debug problems
- Demonstrated experience using metrics and analytics to lead an anticipatory hiring model (eg. forecasting net and backfill hiring needs to ensure the org is resourced for the hiring needs)
- A deep understanding of the highly competitive and evolving (eg. remote work) talent markets
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, embracing a dynamic & high-growth environment
- An unyielding passion to provide the ultimate candidate experience
- Experience hiring for data scientists and machine learning, backend, frontend, full-stack, ML, tools and/or native engineers a plus
- A passion for building community and an understanding of Discord’s mission and values
- The ability to express your emotions through the perfectly crafted GIF
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
About us Discord is the all-in-one voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. It's free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. Our mission is to bring gaming communities together. Discord's free voice and text chat is about making it easier for you spend time with the people you care about, create these memories, and land a headshot or two. Two hundred seventy million PC gamers use chat apps to communicate while playing online games. As gamers, we got fed up with many of these chat tools and decided to fix the problem ourselves. As a result, we've built the best all-in-one voice and text chat app for gamers. Fortunately, a lot of people love it. Discord currently has 45 million registered users with over 9 million Daily Active Users. The service sees 200 million messages posted a day, over 4 million peak concurrent players and a staggering 16 petabytes of voice chat data going through its servers every month. Founded by the team behind OpenFeint - a networking platform that united mobile games with achievements and social functionality - Discord has raised over $30M from top VCs like Greylock, Benchmark, Accel, and Tencent.
Want to learn more about Discord? Visit Discord's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.