Director, Product Marketing
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Providing cloud solutions for the global genomics industry.
Director, Product Marketing
DNAnexus® has built the world’s most secure cloud platform and global network for scientific collaboration and accelerated discovery. We embrace challenges and partnership to tackle the world’s most exciting opportunities across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia.
As a Director of Product Marketing, you will be obsessed with developing positioning, messaging, market segmentation, and competitive differentiation for the DNAnexus products across pharma research, clinical healthcare, and mid-to-large throughput sequencing provider market segments. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and driving go-to-market plans using your deep knowledge of the market segments, their needs, and how DNAnexus products provide value. You will collaborate closely with the Products, Science, and Marketing teams to provide Sales with high-quality collateral and develop innovative marketing programs to drive demand. You will play a key role in bringing new products to market as well as promoting existing products.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who possesses a unique blend of business, creative and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and a strong track record of turning the vision into reality. You will work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams. You would provide domain expertise and strategic support to Marketing and Sales while working in conjunction with industry partners and customers.
- Develop the overall product marketing plans for the DNAnexus products detailing the activities from product launch through demand generation and sales enablement.
- Build product messaging and positioning solutions through compelling, well-written, and descriptive content that articulates business value and benefits.
- Define product packaging and pricing strategies.
- Develop marketing programs and creative methods that promote and differentiate the DNAnexus brand in a professional, innovative and memorable way.
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Management to ensure the products are aligned to the market needs and to translate product capabilities to differentiated messages in the market.
- Conduct ongoing market research for current and future products by meeting with customers and prospects to understand needs and build relationships.
- Lead the Product Marketing and Marketing Program Management team that drives the go-to-market, sales, launch, and demand generation efforts with strong coordination across the different stakeholders.
- Support sales with customer-facing presentations, battle cards, solution briefs, etc. for them to properly position solutions and close opportunities; deliver sales training and provide support.
- Measure marketing programs and content effectiveness to optimize and improve marketing and sales results.
- Contribute to the editorial direction of corporate publications and thought leadership content such as blogs, contributed columns and articles for customer or analyst newsletters, etc. consistent with our core positioning.
- Advanced degree in genomics, bioinformatics, computational biology or related biotechnology field. PhD is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in a research or clinical setting
- 7+ years of Product Marketing industry experience with analytical software products.
- Understanding of large-scale web-based software systems, API-driven web services, cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) and experience with marketing SaaS, cloud and/or enterprise software products and solutions
- Experience with product packaging and pricing strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate at the right level for both business and scientific audiences.
- A self-starter that can work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong people and management skills to interact with high caliber colleagues, cross-functional teams and customers.
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude with the ability to find creative, pragmatic solutions
- Willing to travel for customer meetings, conferences, and internal offsite meetings.
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Foresite Capital, and Wuxi NextCODE.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
ABOUT DNAnexus A Global Network for Genomics About DNAnexus DNAnexus provides a global network for sharing and management of genomic data and tools to accelerate genomics. The DNAnexus cloud-based platform is optimized to address the challenges of security, scalability, and collaboration, for organizations that are pursuing genomic-based approaches to health, in the clinic and in the research lab. The DNAnexus team is made up of experts in computational biology and cloud computing who work with organizations to tackle some of the most exciting opportunities in human health, making it easier—and in many cases feasible—to work with genomic data. With DNAnexus, organizations can stay a step ahead in leveraging genomics to achieve their goals. The future of human health is in genomics. DNAnexus brings it all together. What We Do The DNAnexus platform powers genomics by allowing customers to address these challenges: Analyze massive volumes of raw sequencing data quickly, securely, and economically; Integrate genomic data with clinical and other phenotypic data in a secure and compliant environment; Collaborate seamlessly and safely. We’ve helped top biopharmaceutical companies, leading genome centers, pioneering diagnostic test providers, and consortia globally accelerate their genomics programs.
Want to learn more about DNAnexus? Visit DNAnexus's website.
Changing lives through the power of language and literacy education!