Senior Software Engineer
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Providing cloud solutions for the global genomics industry.
DNAnexus® has built the world’s most secure cloud platform and global network for scientific collaboration and accelerated discovery. We embrace challenges and partnership to tackle the world’s most exciting opportunities across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, medical centers, government, and research consortia.
Who We’re Looking For
You are a software engineer who wants to build core technologies for scaling up systems to thousands of servers for managing and analyzing petabytes of data. In this position, you will work on building an event driven automation platform. You will be responsible for designing a product that is highly available, fault tolerant and responsive from the ground up. You will also evolve this platform beyond operational automation into new and exciting areas.
- Build scalable infrastructure specifically targeted to the cloud environment
- Design, document, and implement new web service APIs for internal and external services
- Work closely with computational biologists and scientists to understand domain-specific needs
- Enable integration of DNAnexus services with external systems
- 5+ years of core software development experience
- Extensive knowledge of AWS, including VPC, IAM, Lambda and DynamoDB
- Experience using Linux and comfortable working in a Unix shell
- Team-oriented, with strong communication skills
- Strong computer science background, including low-level systems and algorithmic complexity
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies and quickly adapt to new paradigms
What We Care About
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value "unknown unknowns" and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Agility and ownership. Our teams have a high degree of freedom on how they build their systems, but they also take full ownership of what they deliver, in the long run.
- Monitoring and automation. We strongly believe that a fully automated system is key to rapid iterations, while an extensive set of metrics highlights what needs to be done.
- Balancing research and product. We value staying up-to-date on cutting edge research, while also shipping meaningful products enabling researchers to fulfill their mission.
Based in San Francisco and Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Foresite Capital, and Wuxi NextCODE.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
ABOUT DNAnexus A Global Network for Genomics About DNAnexus DNAnexus provides a global network for sharing and management of genomic data and tools to accelerate genomics. The DNAnexus cloud-based platform is optimized to address the challenges of security, scalability, and collaboration, for organizations that are pursuing genomic-based approaches to health, in the clinic and in the research lab. The DNAnexus team is made up of experts in computational biology and cloud computing who work with organizations to tackle some of the most exciting opportunities in human health, making it easier—and in many cases feasible—to work with genomic data. With DNAnexus, organizations can stay a step ahead in leveraging genomics to achieve their goals. The future of human health is in genomics. DNAnexus brings it all together. What We Do The DNAnexus platform powers genomics by allowing customers to address these challenges: Analyze massive volumes of raw sequencing data quickly, securely, and economically; Integrate genomic data with clinical and other phenotypic data in a secure and compliant environment; Collaborate seamlessly and safely. We’ve helped top biopharmaceutical companies, leading genome centers, pioneering diagnostic test providers, and consortia globally accelerate their genomics programs.
Want to learn more about DNAnexus? Visit DNAnexus's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos