DNAnexus combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomics, operating in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (including China), South America, and Africa. The secure, scalable, and collaborative cloud-based DNAnexus Platform helps thousands of users across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia – accelerate their genomics programs globally.
The Product Manager for Computational Biology will be responsible for evaluating functional requirements, defining the product vision and setting priorities for large scale data analysis and visualization in support of translational research. The ideal candidate is a computational biologist with success in leading research studies who is interested in leveraging their expertise to develop a career in software product management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engage with customers to understand the goals and pain points for computational biologists in pharmaceutical and academic research settings
- Maintain the product vision and develop quarterly / annual product roadmaps
- Gather and prioritize product requirements through direct and indirect customer feedback
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience
- Define and scope solutions meeting the customer requirements and working closely with UX and Engineering to drive those solutions through development, testing, deployment, and customer validation in an agile environment
- Maintain a well-organized and up-to-date backlog
- Directly contribute to the product-area strategy, roadmap, positioning, and pricing
- Communicate timelines to customers and coordinate training / onboarding
- Drive product launches including clearly communicating product capabilities and features to support marketing, sales, and science teams
- Interface and partner with all levels of the DNAnexus business
- Ph.D in computational biology or related fields; inter-disciplinary academic exposure preferred
- 3+ years of postdoctoral experience in genomics and translational research in either academic or industry settings
- Software product management or related experience in working with engineering teams to define requirements for delivering software projects preferred
- Deep understanding of differences in existing techniques for managing genomic data, and the challenges in aggregating datasets for reuse in follow on studies
- Expertise in computational biology principles and techniques
- Expertise with computational biology tools and pipelines, including those for genomics (Exome / Whole Genome Sequencing, SNP arrays, GWAS) and transcriptomics (RNA-Seq, miRNA-Seq, microarrays, single-cell RNA-Seq)
- Prior experience with planning and launching production software desired
- Familiarity with software development and project management tools (JIRA, wiki, etc.)
- Familiarity with industry tools, e.g. Omicsoft, Station X Gene Pool, GDC DAVE
- Experience working with large scale genomics datasets, e.g. ENCODE, 1000Genomes, TCGA.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis of genomics data and statistics
- Working knowledge of programming languages used for data analysis such as Python, R, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze needs and parse into specific requirements
- Effective at communicating with software engineers, scientist individual contributors, and management / executives
- Accomplished at bringing multiple stakeholders to consensus, and breaking deadlocks when necessary
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude with the ability to find creative, pragmatic solutions
- Bonus: Experience in variant interpretation and prioritization, and an understanding of human genetics and the effects on human diseases, e.g. oncology, cardiovascular, etc.
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Wuxi NextCODE and Claremont Creek.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
ABOUT DNAnexus A Global Network for Genomics About DNAnexus DNAnexus provides a global network for sharing and management of genomic data and tools to accelerate genomics. The DNAnexus cloud-based platform is optimized to address the challenges of security, scalability, and collaboration, for organizations that are pursuing genomic-based approaches to health, in the clinic and in the research lab. The DNAnexus team is made up of experts in computational biology and cloud computing who work with organizations to tackle some of the most exciting opportunities in human health, making it easier—and in many cases feasible—to work with genomic data. With DNAnexus, organizations can stay a step ahead in leveraging genomics to achieve their goals. The future of human health is in genomics. DNAnexus brings it all together. What We Do The DNAnexus platform powers genomics by allowing customers to address these challenges: Analyze massive volumes of raw sequencing data quickly, securely, and economically; Integrate genomic data with clinical and other phenotypic data in a secure and compliant environment; Collaborate seamlessly and safely. We’ve helped top biopharmaceutical companies, leading genome centers, pioneering diagnostic test providers, and consortia globally accelerate their genomics programs.
Want to learn more about DNAnexus? Visit DNAnexus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager, New Initiatives
Embedded Software Engineer - Boot Loaders
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Operations Acceptance Test Analyst
Head of Product Management
Senior Software Engineer, Web
Pager, New York, NY
Product Content Strategist
Kraken Exchange, San Francisco or Remote