Principal Product Designer
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Providing cloud solutions for the global genomics industry.
DNAnexus combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomics, operating in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (including China), South America, and Africa. The secure, scalable, and collaborative cloud-based DNAnexus Platform helps thousands of researchers across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia – accelerate their genomics programs globally.
DNAnexus is looking for Principal Product Designer who is driven to understand the complex world of enterprise life science customers and create great experiences for them. The ideal candidate has an in-depth knowledge of UX principles, design processes, and substantial experience designing enterprise-scale web applications. They will enjoy being immersed in the rapidly evolving genomics and bioinformatics domain, and strive to contribute to a meaningful purpose.
- Gather UX requirements internally and externally. Interface with product management team, Influence and contribute to product strategy.
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant means. Collaborate and iterate as needed to ensure end solutions meet all requirements
- Deliver detailed UX design specifications to the engineering team
- Synthesize, prioritize and document key customer needs
- Conduct user research and analysis to understand users, tasks, contexts and unmet needs.
- Maintain an awareness of relevant market landscapes, competitors and business models.
- Conduct evaluation of product designs
- Define design patterns and optimize design to implementation processes.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Minimum BA/BS in a related discipline and 7+ years relevant work experience. A portfolio is required
- Strong grasp of UX process, ability to drive a design vision and common language across a product portfolio, as well as design for domain-specific products
- Comfortable delivering for multiple simultaneous projects quickly and collaboratively within an agile process
- Ability to work well with software engineers and technical subject matter experts
- Excellence at learning a complex domain and new vocabulary quickly. Knowledge of genomics is a plus, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of the software development and release process
- Critical thinking strength with good attention to details
- Excellent communicator, self-motivated and flexible
- Visual design experience is preferred.
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include GV (Google Ventures), TPG Biotech, Wuxi NextCODE and Claremont Creek.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
ABOUT DNAnexus A Global Network for Genomics About DNAnexus DNAnexus provides a global network for sharing and management of genomic data and tools to accelerate genomics. The DNAnexus cloud-based platform is optimized to address the challenges of security, scalability, and collaboration, for organizations that are pursuing genomic-based approaches to health, in the clinic and in the research lab. The DNAnexus team is made up of experts in computational biology and cloud computing who work with organizations to tackle some of the most exciting opportunities in human health, making it easier—and in many cases feasible—to work with genomic data. With DNAnexus, organizations can stay a step ahead in leveraging genomics to achieve their goals. The future of human health is in genomics. DNAnexus brings it all together. What We Do The DNAnexus platform powers genomics by allowing customers to address these challenges: Analyze massive volumes of raw sequencing data quickly, securely, and economically; Integrate genomic data with clinical and other phenotypic data in a secure and compliant environment; Collaborate seamlessly and safely. We’ve helped top biopharmaceutical companies, leading genome centers, pioneering diagnostic test providers, and consortia globally accelerate their genomics programs.
Want to learn more about DNAnexus? Visit DNAnexus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Data Intelligence Engineer
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO
Project Manager, Security
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Product Manager
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Senior Product Manager - Business
GitHub, Remote - US
Senior Product Manager
Schoology, NYC HQ
Senior Product Manager - Email Infrastructure Data