Machine Learning/Deep Learning Scientist
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Providing cloud solutions for the global genomics industry.
DNAnexus® has built the world’s most secure cloud platform and global network for scientific collaboration and accelerated discovery. We embrace challenges and partnership to tackle the world’s most exciting opportunities across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, medical centers, government, and research consortia.
The field of genomics represents an untapped opportunity to use new approaches in machine learning and deep learning to drive improvements to human health. DNAnexus is a company with access to the key ingredients to apply this – large scale cloud compute, large labeled datasets, and partnerships with entities applying genomics in clinical practice.
DNAnexus is the leading company in cloud genomics and bioinformatics. The DNAnexus cloud platform holds tens of petabytes of data from our customers at the forefront of clinical diagnostics, pharmaceutical research and development, and large scale academic consortia.
The Machine Learning/Deep Learning scientist will leverage the extensive data on DNAnexus and our partner team at cloud partner companies Google and Microsoft to develop new applications of machine learning and deep learning to genomics.
The Machine Learning/Deep Learning scientist will work in a team of both genomics experts and machine learning experts. This team will collaborate to determine the right problems to solve, the best way to structure features, data, and labels, and the correct training and evaluation strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Train, evaluate, and productionize machine learning models to genomics questions
- Collaborate with genomics experts to structure genomics problems in a tractable manner for machine learning and deep learning approaches
- Collaborate with customer and partner teams in the practical application of these machine learning models
- B.S./M.S. in computer science with specialization in machine learning or deep learning at 3+ years of industry experience OR Ph.D in computer science with specialization in machine learning or deep learning.
Knowledge and skills
- Mastery of machine learning concepts
- Strong programming ability in Python (strong ability in C++ a plus)
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or similar framework
- Prior experience working in collaborative coding – familiarity with git or other version control
- Prior experience in taking a machine learning application from ideation into production
- Background knowledge or experience in bioinformatics or genomics is a plus, but is not required
- Strong grasp of scientific method and hypothesis-driven investigation
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Based in San Francisco and Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Foresite Capital, and Wuxi NextCODE.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
ABOUT DNAnexus A Global Network for Genomics About DNAnexus DNAnexus provides a global network for sharing and management of genomic data and tools to accelerate genomics. The DNAnexus cloud-based platform is optimized to address the challenges of security, scalability, and collaboration, for organizations that are pursuing genomic-based approaches to health, in the clinic and in the research lab. The DNAnexus team is made up of experts in computational biology and cloud computing who work with organizations to tackle some of the most exciting opportunities in human health, making it easier—and in many cases feasible—to work with genomic data. With DNAnexus, organizations can stay a step ahead in leveraging genomics to achieve their goals. The future of human health is in genomics. DNAnexus brings it all together. What We Do The DNAnexus platform powers genomics by allowing customers to address these challenges: Analyze massive volumes of raw sequencing data quickly, securely, and economically; Integrate genomic data with clinical and other phenotypic data in a secure and compliant environment; Collaborate seamlessly and safely. We’ve helped top biopharmaceutical companies, leading genome centers, pioneering diagnostic test providers, and consortia globally accelerate their genomics programs.
Want to learn more about DNAnexus? Visit DNAnexus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Analyst
Shape Security, Draper, Utah
Data Science Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, Riyadh
Software Engineer - Graph Data
Kensho, Cambridge, MA
Strategic Business Analyst
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
United Technologies Digital, New York
Vicarious, San Francisco Bay Area