Manager, Strategic Finance - Market Management
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Team
DoorDash is building a world-class team that will drive the financial and operating strategy of the company. As a leader on the Strategic Finance team, you will use your financial expertise, analytical horsepower, and operating mindset to set performance targets, track and improve results, and iterate on the business strategy daily.
This is a complicated, fast moving business. There are a thousand moving pieces, all of which have different potential explanations. The Strategic Finance team is the financial forecasting and reporting foundation of our business across all business lines of the P&L. Through this lens we push the business forward through strategic planning, high impact business case sizing, go to market strategic thinking, and rigorous reporting frameworks. We are the primary finance complement to the operating teams and together we are taking DoorDash to the next level.
About the Role
DoorDash is rapidly expanding into new geographies. The current DoorDash company P&L is an amalgamation of every country, city, state, and every zip code. DoorDash’s commitment to the local business is embodied by our desire to get to the lowest level of detail. Our financial diligence and operational understanding extends to every street corner on the platform. The Market Management function is tasked with being the financial stewards of those geographies, to understand them, and report on their successes and failures. This is the perfect role for the person who doesn’t like index funds but prefers the individual stocks themselves, someone who cares about the little guy, and who knows that the devil is in the details.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze financial data to understand differences, draw conclusions, and devise solutions for DoorDash to succeed across a diverse geographic landscape
- Partner cross functionally to recommend actions and present insights across all lines of business and all lines of the P&L through S&M to ensure DoorDash is a market leader in every city
- Drive strategy at a geographic level
- Report on progress and recommendations directly to the leadership of the company
We’re excited about you because…
- 4+ years experience in business strategy / analytics, growth strategy investment banking, or other analytically-intensive portfolio optimization based roles
- Advanced Excel & financial modeling skills.
- You’re able to build robust financial models used throughout the company
- Size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Basic SQL proficiency or willingness to learn
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enjoy, Berlin, CT