DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash Labs is an independent team inside of DoorDash incubating long-term bets and exploring new technologies that can be applied to transform last mile logistics. We believe in the value of advanced technologies and strive to build meaningful applications of next-generation hardware and software to impact real-world needs. Come help us redefine last mile logistics through robotics, automation, and other advanced technologies.
If you have a passion for seeing robotics solutions being practically applied with tight integration into a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll achieve
- Assemble, troubleshoot and test cutting edge mobile robotic systems
- Input into how these systems are designed and used
- Work with an excellent engineering team to solve problems no one has before
- Conduct system testing and assist with field testing
- Ship tangible product concepts that make a meaningful impact to a billion-dollar business
- You live and breathe building robots or complex electromechanical systems
- You are unfazed by new challenges and new problems
- You have an intuition about how things are built and assembled and can push through despite lack of documentation
- Experience assembling and troubleshooting complex electromechanical robotics systems
- Experience fabricating, assembling and troubleshooting electric vehicle or industrial robotics wiring and electrical systems - soldering, crimping, cable management
- Basic fabrication skills for metal and plastic such as drilling, grinding, cutting
- Good shop organization skills
Nice to Haves
- Solidworks experience or interest to learn
- Advanced fabrication skills such as welding, mill, lathe, CNC, laser cutting
- Mobile, industrial, combat robotics experience
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Big Data Developer
Hudson's Bay Company, Toronto, ON Canada
China East Market-Senior Front-end Developer
Senior Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Intrepid Project Manager
Accenture, IL - Chicago, USA
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Software Developer Engineer in Test
Lyft, San Francisco