UX Research Lead - Consumer Experience
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash is looking for a UX Researcher to help guide and inspire cross-functional teams by uncovering meaningful human-centered insights to drive great design and innovation for our product teams. Your work will help us understand the needs of our three-sided marketplace of consumers, dashers, and merchants and build products for all of our users.
We’re looking for someone knowledgeable about user research and comfortable in a fast-moving organization. You will enter a role with a high potential for growth and impact!
What You’ll Do
- Work with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders on research needs
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable and impactful reports
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think, ranging from short-term to long-term product strategy
- Act as a research thought leader and advocate for people who use our products
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- Familiarity with a wide variety of qualitative research methods such as: usability, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Experience designing and summarizing surveys
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- A proven track record of working well with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
Nice to Haves
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
- Visual communication skills
- Experience recruiting and scheduling participants
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one