DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re hiring engineers who are passionate about vehicle motion planning. DoorDash Labs is developing autonomous delivery technology for our large (and rapidly growing) delivery marketplace. In this role, you’ll write and deploy algorithms that use input from mapping, localization, and perception systems to make safe and efficient motion planning decisions.
What You’ll Achieve
- Design and implement planning algorithms to route fleets of vehicles around traffic
- Develop efficient, scalable and maintainable C++ code.
- Deploy and iterate on real-world implementation of planning solutions
- Experience implementing and deploying motion planning on an actual vehicle
- Familiarity with a variety of planning techniques (A*, D*, RRTs, etc.)
- 3+ years programming and algorithm design experience
- Experience with state estimation, inertial navigation, IMU/wheel encoder sensors, sensor fault detection and tolerance
Nice To Haves
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
- Experience with ROS
- Machine learning background
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Coding Teacher (Male)
MiSK Schools, Riyadh
Optician, North Florida Market
Warby Parker, North Florida
Warby Parker, Southlake, TX
Optician, Dairy Block
Warby Parker, Denver, CO
Integration Engineer Manager
Blend, San Francisco
Event Services (Part-time)
DICE, London, Greater London UK