Robotics Software Engineer
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re hiring generalist software engineers to write and deploy robotic and vehicle autonomy software. DoorDash Labs is developing autonomous delivery technology for our large (and rapidly growing) delivery marketplace. In this generalist role, you’ll work with our hardware team to develop a working autonomy system for our delivery vehicles.
What You’ll Achieve
- Collaborate with the hardware team to define software requirements with an eye for safety
- Develop efficient, scalable and maintainable C++ code
- Combine custom code and off-the-shelf components to prototype quickly
- Integrate with hardware to get autonomy and control stack running on vehicles
- Prototype various systems including mapping, localization, perception, and motion planning
- Set up monitoring and logging of vehicle data
- Strong CS fundamentals (via academic or industry experience)
- 3+ years experience developing software in small teams, shipping in collaboration with a hardware team
- 2+ years experience developing vehicle/robotics software
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with various sensing technologies and tradeoffs (LiDAR, vision, etc)
- Experience with mapping, localization, perception, planning or control algorithms for vehicle autonomy
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
- Experience leading engineering projects
- Familiarity with ROS
- Rapid prototyping experience (e.g. with Arduino, MQTT)
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Process Development Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Business Development Manager UK
indaHash, UK, London
Peloton, Alexandria Warehouse
Instacart, Los Angeles, CA
Optometrist (Part-Time), Third Ward
Warby Parker, Milwaukee, WI
Operations Manager - Prague
LimeBike, Prague, Czech Republic