Business Intelligence Engineer
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
We are looking for a proven Business Intelligence Engineer to join our BI Team. The Business Intelligence Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation & support of our data systems. You will be working closely with business users, the data infrastructure team, and data analysts to support the ongoing development of enterprise-wide BI platform. You’ll be designing and implementing the architecture, tools, and processes needed to provide the “single source of truth” reports to support data-driven decision making.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled developer who is passionate about business intelligence, comfortable working in an agile environment and embraces the opportunity to connect with customers to define and shape our solutions. The candidate we are looking for should have a strong knowledge of Python and be passionate about optimization and automation using scripting.
What you’ll do
- Help assess the current state of existing data, providing recommendations on enhancements and addition of new data to our sources
- Lead requirements gathering sessions, analyze requirements, design and develop analytical projects working together with users finding the best possible solution to a given business problem
- Fulfilling data analytics and reporting projects and requests, including data translation and consolidation.
- Contribute to data aggregation strategy for reporting, dashboards, and self-service analytics
- Fix technical issues across all BI tools and various levels of effort
- Work on automation of existing forecasting and reporting processes
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter attitude. You’re someone who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Get-it-done mindset. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics is a plus
- 5 or more years of experience as a data analyst/developer
- Advanced data visualization and SQL skills
- Programming experience with Python (other languages is a plus)
- Strong performance-tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to debug and fix production/existing issues
- Ability to lead your projects, from identifying user requirements to writing ETL and python scripts to manipulate data to craft dashboards/reports
- Be comfortable writing ETL scripts for data profiling, cleaning, and aggregating data
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools
- BS/BA, in Computer Science area, MS in Computer Science is a plus
- Understanding of Finance terminology/methodologies is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Data Science
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sr. Risk Analyst
Thumbtack, Salt Lake City
Senior Solution Delivery Manager
Freelance-Linguistic Annotator (English to Simplified Chinese)
Unbabel, Remote - Freelance
Manager, Marketing Analytics
Squarespace, New York, NY
Manager, Data Science - Analytics
Convoy, Seattle, Washington